Forums

Sock Sizing

• 4775 points

I know I am not bigfoot, I wear a 9.5M.  I am a huge fan of no shows but the mens socks are huge.  The portion where my heel should be is up the back of my ankle.  Does anybody else have this problem?

•  

I wear a 9-9.5 also depending on make/style.  I'd say you've got 2 options - don't pull them on so tight.  Certain socks I put on and try to leave a little looser.  It ends up being morecomfortable and feeling more roomy in the shoe too.  The other being trying to shrink them a little in the wash, which I've done before as well. 

•  

Welch222

I wear a 9-9.5 also depending on make/style.  I'd say you've got 2 options - don't pull them on so tight.  Certain socks I put on and try to leave a little looser.  It ends up being morecomfortable and feeling more roomy in the shoe too.  The other being trying to shrink them a little in the wash, which I've done before as well. 

Not me.  The mens sizes are just perfect.  I am a 12M, and they sit just where you'd want them to.

If it were my, I would wash them in the cold water to shrink them or try a large size in the juniors socks... I am not sure how large those will go, but a large junior would probably fit perfect for a 9.5 shoe size?

• 4775 points

EMKelly0106

Welch222

Not me.  The mens sizes are just perfect.  I am a 12M, and they sit just where you'd want them to.

If it were my, I would wash them in the cold water to shrink them or try a large size in the juniors socks... I am not sure how large those will go, but a large junior would probably fit perfect for a 9.5 shoe size?

That's my point exactly, I think you have to be a 12 for the socks to fit right.  I will admit I do pull them on pretty tight.  I don't like the feeling of a sock bunched up in the toe area. 

•  

I can understand your frustrations.  If socks range from 9.5-12 the low end of the spectrum will have them fit big.  I don't know how to solve that problem but I don't like them bunching up either.  It can cause blisters and is just generally uncomfortable.

Have you looked at any junior sizes?  I don't really know if that's an option, but they might fit to where you want them if you buy the largest ones you can find?

•  

I have 10.5 and they show a tiny bit

•  

You could try women's socks.....Just make sure you don't start wearing any other women's undergarments.

•  

Do you guys use different textures and thicknesses according to how a particular pair of shoes fits? You know how new shoes are tighter, so you have to wear thinner socks until you get them broken in?

•  

hey jas, I've had the same problem and have gone to the womens no show socks and don't have any problems...

I don't wear any other womens clothing so I'm pretty safe in my masculinity -- bholley -- but they're the same as the mens but fit better...

•  

never thought about texture / thickness / thinness golfchick but it is something to think about especially when you have new shoes...

I've never experienced a bad break in with  my shoes that would require me to wear different thickness of sock...

•  

golfchick

Do you guys use different textures and thicknesses according to how a particular pair of shoes fits? You know how new shoes are tighter, so you have to wear thinner socks until you get them broken in?

I wear the same thickness socks no matter what golf shoe im wearing.  This sounds silly but I used to have tons of different kinds of socks and hated digging to find matching pairs.  I threw them all away and started over from scratch.  I bought 2 dozen ProDry extreme Oatmeal, 1 dozen in navy, and 1 dozen white Sport.  It makes it so easy when doing laundry and getting ready in the morning.  The bad thing is I have about 6 pair of the new TechSof which I LOVE but the ProDrys arent wearing out fast enough :)

•  

Forgot to add this -- if you go to the FJ homepage, there is a page on sock sizing -- Look at the bottom of the page under Customer Service.

•  

Mondo

hey jas, I've had the same problem and have gone to the womens no show socks and don't have any problems...

I don't wear any other womens clothing so I'm pretty safe in my masculinity -- bholley -- but they're the same as the mens but fit better...

I wasn't worried, just don't start playing with toy trucks like the Hansons

•  

Oh, you know that movie do you??

I'll stay away from the toy trucks but I'm willing to put on the foil if I need to fight!!

•  

Mondo

Oh, you know that movie do you??

I'll stay away from the toy trucks but I'm willing to put on the foil if I need to fight!!

From the Hanson site:

Did you actually “foil up?”
    No, but we taped our hands like boxers until the leagues banned it. After that, we scuffed up the knuckles of golf gloves, soaked them in water, and dried them on the radiator until they were nice and crispy. We made sure that we got in a fight on our first shift because they softened up after we started sweating.

I wonder if Footjoy would put them under contract