Forums

SHORT SOCKS - LONG PANTS - NOT A FAN!

•  

fredcloss

Croc - I with you on this. Pants require socks that cover the ankles. Shorts require WHITE socks that are around or below the ankles. Otherwise, you may as well get you a metal detector and head to the beach.

Sorry Fred, but some of us wear black shoes with shorts. You can't wear "white" socks with black shoes, just not right. Black with Charcoal Lizard Icons and black short socks, the kind that are 1/2 of an inch higher than the shoe. 

I do agree with you on the long pants, no short socks. It just doesn't look right.

•  

CROCMAN

C'mon this is one of my pet hates  ... short socks with long pants and there are many, many offenders.

I know they get the socks gratis but ankle highs are for summer, shorts and exercise.

Now I know they follow the sun (except in England/Scotland of course .. do they even have summer over there) all year rournd but please, please, please long socks with long pants.

Or ... maybe I just getting old (read old school).

OZ-Crocman

Now ... this is what I'm talking about.

Webb looks sparkling in the new FJ gear but he really needs long socks ... IMHO.

OZ-Crocman

• 2589 points

if its warm I wear no show or low socks even with lang pants.  I like the look as well.  Although a nice pair of argyles look great with long pants.   A worse fashion error is crew length with shorts -- shorts always require no show or low cut socks. just my opinion. 

• 2589 points

golferdrmjr

fredcloss

Croc - I with you on this. Pants require socks that cover the ankles. Shorts require WHITE socks that are around or below the ankles. Otherwise, you may as well get you a metal detector and head to the beach.

Sorry Fred, but some of us wear black shoes with shorts. You can't wear "white" socks with black shoes, just not right. Black with Charcoal Lizard Icons and black short socks, the kind that are 1/2 of an inch higher than the shoe. 

I do agree with you on the long pants, no short socks. It just doesn't look right.

golferdrmjr

fredcloss

golferdrmjr

fredcloss

golferdrmjr

fredcloss

I wear black socks with black shoes and have a few pairs of brown that I wear with Brown shoes.  I think white low socks do not look right with black shoes and shorts. .  

•  

I'm old fashioned I guess. but  I NEVER play in shorts.  The fact that I am a Tennis Pro may be the amswer.    Shorts and low socks for work.   Long pants and long socks for play.  

•  

Your points about black socks with black shoes are true and I agree, so long as they are work with slacks, not shorts. Can you see Cary Grant wearing shorts and dark shoes? Having seen my share of Cary Grant films, the few times he wore shorts were while sporting with "Topsiders" , deck shoes or white sneakers and socks..

•  

joshgiano
    Croc- How do you see the socks through the pants?  A bigger fashion faux pas is long socks with shorts, especially if they don't match. Yucka!

Then why were you wearing them with you Birkenstocks Josh???  Hypocrite!! :-P

•  

maybe it's a younger generation thing, but i see nothing wrong with long pants and short socks.  i wear short socks 99% of the time.  and if i'm wearing long pants, it's rare that you would be able to see them anyway.

•  

tdogg21
    maybe it's a younger generation thing, but i see nothing wrong with long pants and short socks.  i wear short socks 99% of the time.  and if i'm wearing long pants, it's rare that you would be able to see them anyway.

Much to my despair I see most of the pro's and a lot of guys at my club wearing short socks with long pants but I guess the pros a) - they get them gratis and b) - aren't allowed to wear shorts so will cut them a little slack.

Obviously I can't see how long their socks are under their pants until they squat to examine their putt but it's something that just grates at me (can't even really explain why ... "IT'S JUST NOT THE DONE THING").

OZ-Crocman

•  

Short socks is probably a generational thing, brought on by the demise of the family unit and not having parents teaching their kids how to dress for success (can y'all see the tongue in my cheek?). Being serious though, it never hurts to dress well whereas dressing poorly leaves a poor impression.

• 2781 points

I always wear short socks unless its really cold outside.  Its just more comfortable to me.  Most people probably don't put much thought into it, it's just a personal preference thing.

•  

RedHusky
    I always wear short socks unless its really cold outside.  Its just more comfortable to me.  Most people probably don't put much thought into it, it's just a personal preference thing.

I don't think I have worn shorts since June, wore pants one day, played well and rolled with it!

• 36 points

Shorts = short socks, long pants = long socks.  Simple as that.  FJ makes both fortunately.  Add them to your Christmas list!   My other pet peeve, since we're all peev-ing...in long pants, the socks match the pant...not the shoe.  Khaki pants = khaki socks, etc.  

•  

bunker72

Shorts = short socks, long pants = long socks.  Simple as that.  FJ makes both fortunately.  Add them to your Christmas list!   My other pet peeve, since we're all peev-ing...in long pants, the socks match the pant...not the shoe.  Khaki pants = khaki socks, etc.  

Normally I would agree, but sometimes you want to throw in a pop of color.

It's easy to do with FootJoy socks.

•  

golferdrmjr
    bunker72

Normally I would agree, but sometimes you want to throw in a pop of color.

It's easy to do with FootJoy socks.

I can not disagree