Forums

Anyone play without socks!?

•  

Never have and never will. Not only is it hard on the feet, but it is even harder on the leathers in the shoes. Plus, after a while, the odor from the shoes cannot be alleviated by anything short of fire.

•  

Never. Too much of a chance for blisters. I also agree with eagle3, the moisture from your feet will eventually ruin you shoes.

•  

I can't go without socks ... even with my "boat shoes" as my wife calls them ... not sure if that is the correct term but they are ment to be worn without socks but, it just doesn't feel right to me so I use socks anyway ... That's OK go ahead and laugh, at least I am comfortable you meanie .... HA !!!

•  

Other than Couples, I don't know anyone who does not wear socks.

•  

i've seen people play without socks and shoes

•  

No Shoes or Socks ... That I have tried and it does help you get good balance.

•  

never play without socks..always have two pairs in my golf bag

•  

Mondo

Only when I've forgotten socks or thought they were in the car and weren't!!

As for the smell associated with playing with no socks, I can assure you no one wants to be around that person after a round or two of golf without socks as the leather will stink badly which than your feet will stink badly...

I know this from skating barefoot in hockey...I know how bad my skates stink and I wouldn't wish that smell on anyone...

Mondo

Hangin' around with alot of the NJ Devils players and also playing hockey,  I know alot of NHL guys go sockless.  Tried it a few times but couldn't get used to it.    As for the smell, I would spread my gear out in the back of my truck for the ride home from the rink.  But playing golf barefoot..... never tried it.

Deno

•  

EMKelly0106

Other than Couples, I don't know anyone who does not wear socks.

Deno

• 3852 points

As a kid, sometimes would play without shoes, just to enjoy the feel of swinging and walking the course in bare feet. Helped to develop balance in swinging. But I would not do it today.

•  

I saw Freddy with some spiked shoes on in later tournys, I wonder if depending on how his back feels has an effect on what type shoes he wears.

•  

I always wear my socks with my tennis shoes to the course that way I don't have to worry about leaving them at home.

•  

EW! I would never wear ANY type of shoe without socks!

•  

Occasionally I will wear an old pair of loafers to the course without my low cuts or no shows on.  I also have a pair of water shoes that I can wear for the same purpose.  Much the same as wearing sandals, which should never have socks inside them, IMHO.  Golf without socks, never!  Have even bought socks at the course when I've forgotten to put the no shows/low cuts in the car.

•  

Just a thought, If activity without underwear is described as going commando, is no socks technically commando golf? Whats the attraction? A fresh zephre across the achilles tendon?