Forums

Anyone play without socks!?

•  

I know this is a sock forum, but I was just curious to know if anyone goes without socks.  There is a guy at my club that likes to wear his Classics without socks.  I have no idea why or how he does this.  I would think it would hurt your feet after a while, and you certainly aren't doing your shoes any favors.

So, do any of you go without socks?  If so, let us know why you choose to do so.

Tim

•  

I have played without socks before. As I am single, laundry is never at the top of my  to-do list.A couple of times I had no clean socks and no time to buy any.So I went sockless,the round didn't suffer and I got used to the feeling pretty quickly.I do not recommend playing without socks all the time.But if the choice is golf w/no socks,or socks w/no golf.I'll choose the former every time.

• 652 points

Ya I agree that when it comes down to it, it's better to play golf with no socks as opposed to no golf at all.

I've forgotten socks once and played without them. Not cool. Especially if you really like your shoes and want to take good care of them. It's a mistak that after you make it, you really think twice about the next time...

The No Sock thing has been an NY trend for a while and I just do not get it.

•  

Hmm...

I would imagine that if I forgot a pair I would still play, but I don't think that I could voluntarily go without socks.  I am a shoe freak and the last thing that I want is a stank pair of shoes.

•  

Nope.   I always make sure I pack my ankle socks when I go play.

•  

have in the past but it really beats up the shoe after a few rounds. Socks are the way to go as long as they are low enough that they do not stick out from the shoe.

•  

shaun13

have in the past but it really beats up the shoe after a few rounds. Socks are the way to go as long as they are low enough that they do not stick out from the shoe.

Not a fan of the high socks!?  LOL!  Just kidding.  I love people that play in shorts and wear the socks 3/4 of the way up there shins.  That is a great looking farmers tan let me tell you.

Tim

•  

I have never played without socks.  My shoes would smell horrible if I just let all the sweat fill the soles and get into the leather. 

My remedy is to fill my locker at my club with 5 polos, 3 pairs of shorts, 10 pairs of socks, 3 extra pairs of shoes, 2 dozen balls, and 5 hats (to match the shirts). 

My club always washes them on Sunday evening (even if I haven't worn them) and puts them back into my locker for me by Monday morning. This is just in case I forget something or need an emergency round and don't want to head home.  It's a great perk.

•  

EMKelly0106
    I have never played without socks.  My shoes would smell horrible if I just let all the sweat fill the soles and get into the leather. 

My remedy is to fill my locker at my club with 5 polos, 3 pairs of shorts, 10 pairs of socks, 3 extra pairs of shoes, 2 dozen balls, and 5 hats (to match the shirts). 

My club always washes them on Sunday evening (even if I haven't worn them) and puts them back into my locker for me by Monday morning. This is just in case I forget something or need an emergency round and don't want to head home.  It's a great perk.

That is awesome that your club does that.  I take care of my shoes every Sunday night so they are ready to go for the next week.

Tim

•  

I have never done this. I would think that the oils/sweat from my feet my not be the best thing for the leather inside my shoes. I usually wear a very thin pair of Polo socks (ankle high). They are pretty light and comfortable and for me fit perfectly in the shoes.

• 305 points

The only time I would go without socks is when I wear Golf Sandals.

•  

Hooey

The only time I would go without socks is when I wear Golf Sandals.

Do those sandals hurt your feet?  I have practiced in my barefeet and in my sandals and it kills my feet.

Tim

•  

I tried in the past and just can't do it - and like the others, I have to believe it's not the best thing for the shoes...

•  

I can only imagine playing without socks.  My shoes would revolt and permanently stink.  I would never do it.

• 137 points

I tried it once, but we were walking, & I barely finished 9 holes!  Not for me -