Forums

Black or white? High or low?

I've been known to slip on some PDE sports on a casual Friday in the office, too :-)

• 236 points

Like some of the other posters.....white with white shoes or saddles and black with black shoes.....and always low cut.   The only problem with some low cuts that i've had is not staying tight enough around my ankle and they will sometimes slide down towards my heel.

•  

Go Bucks

Like some of the other posters.....white with white shoes or saddles and black with black shoes.....and always low cut.   The only problem with some low cuts that i've had is not staying tight enough around my ankle and they will sometimes slide down towards my heel.

have you tried the techsof's yet? i had the same problem with low cut socks in the past but these seem to do the trick. they are definitely worth looking into.

•  

I wear black low cut socks when I rock the black shoes.  The ProDry Extremes are just amazing.  I have no idea how they stay dry for as much as I sweat.

Tim

•  

Just picked up some ProDry Extreme today...pretty sweet!  White and LOW.

• 500 points

I agree.  The ProDry Extreme is the only sock I wear when playing golf.  I swear by the quarter which only comes in white.  It is the most comfortable sock I have ever worn on the golf course.

• 500 points

I swear by the ProDry Extreme quarter.  It only comes in white, as far as I know.  It is the only sock I wear on the golf course. It is the most comfortable sock I have ever worn for playing golf. 

• 327 points

Black with black shoes, white with white, and Green, blue or tan with other color pants and brown shoes.

The funny thing is I have worn FJ socks with my Tux on a cruise.

Ruf

•  

Depends on the outfit and if I am wearing pants or shorts.  Either black or white, but always low.  Never been one for high socks.  My sock length is at most just below the ball of the ankle.  Just enough to protect my heels from rubbing on the back of my shoes.

• 652 points

If they're low socks, it doesn't really matter to me if they're balck or white. High socks leave a really lame tan line.

• 327 points

I'm with bighitter, black with black white with everything else.  Always low cut.

•  

Outside of golf I rarely wear socks.  Loafer with no socks guy all year long.  On the course it is the "no show" sock.  Does not matter the color, but normally white with white and black with black.

•  

Glad the FJ crowd is fashion-oriented, and tilted heavily on the side of good taste. Nothing says "bad golfer" like  high white socks with black shoes with shorts.

•  

I have white shoes with a little black on them so it doesnt matter if I go low black or low white its just always low.

•  

If your name is Payne than it would be high socks.If your over 70 than it would be high socks. All others...........low socks.(color non specific) And, w/shorts well you all know the answer.