Forums

Black or white? High or low?

•  

I could never go without socks for a 4+ hour round of golf, unless they were the sandals; and thats not my style at all! It just seems like a very uncomy day!

fredcloss

Add to that, if you wear slacks, wear long socks or, no sock at all. If you don't believe me, go to a fine men's store and a salesperson, pardon me, sales consultant.

•  

No socks in golf shoes, baseball spikes or cleats is just wrong and has to smell just awful. So, long socks with long pants, short socks with short pants and no black socks with short pants.

•  

I will wear white with anything, usually low, unless it is cold, or mid-cut during basketball.

Same for black, except I will only wear black with black (usually), but there are some exceptions such as with some black shoes.

•  

Just picked up several pairs of the FJ low cut white socks.  I hope these are as good as everyone says.  I'm sure they are

•  

fredcloss

No socks in golf shoes, baseball spikes or cleats is just wrong and has to smell just awful. So, long socks with long pants, short socks with short pants and no black socks with short pants.

Woah there Fred.  I love to rock black short socks.  I wear them with my black stripe ICONS, black shorts, white belt, white polo, black hat= Sharp look.

•  
    I like white no show socks because they just feel confertable to me
    • 3506 points

Low cut in the summer and warmer months, gotta love the golf tan lines. Crew socks in the winter or anytime I wear slacks. Hate skin showing between socks and pant legs. Thats a fail there.

• 2661 points

Depends on color of shoes I'm wearing as well as shorts or pants. Love FJ socks. Wish I tried them sooner..

• 3627 points

White and low!

• 347 points

Black Peds. I do not believe I own a pair of socks that come above my ankle

•  

Always low cut unless it's cold.  Black or white on either black or white shoes.

•  

satunniaus

So if you get dressed up for dinner or a wedding or a function that would require you to look nice, you wear peds?

Not a good look.

• 3627 points

golferdrmjr

satunniaus

So if you get dressed up for dinner or a wedding or a function that would require you to look nice, you wear peds?

Not a good look.

I wish that was acceptable...wearing dress socks everyday is making me loose my ankle/lower leg hair! 

•  

low and black.  High and white brings me back to the NBA in the late 80's.  Just need some stripes around the calf's and we are on board with Capt Stubbing!

•  

Low cuts with shorts, either black or white-- depends if it's cooler or warm day.  But always black tall socks with long pants.

It's always about the day's temps for me.  Black helps wam me up and the white seems cooler on my feet.