Forums

New sock options for 2012

•  

So......

Not to burst any bubbles here, but the first availability in the sock range mimics the currently available color pallette: Navy, Black, Khaki (the color, not the fabric), and I think I saw White and a Grey. There was no Red, Purple, or argyle at this point.

Having said this, we need to stay upbeat. The expanded apparel range is new and involves a massive investment from FJ. Expansion will be possible as sales increase and things go in a positive manner. I can't underscore what a huge thing this all is. Remember, Kentwool is VERY limited in assortment.

So lets support what is available in 2012. Remember, every collection will be "limited" in time and availability, and then another series will emerge.

Stay positive and focused!

•  

golfchick

In addition to the expanded apparel line, FootJoy is also bringing more socks to the table. Look for color additions to the crew -- I saw a pair of coral ones in Derek's van. Biggest addition is an all-new wool sock that we got to see and touch at the FJA Invitational. Really a nice sock, and will go head-to-head against Kentwool. As Chris G said, it's hard to wrap your head around wool socks keeping you cool and dry, but wool has exceptional wicking qualities.

Smartwool socks were all I wore when I was living in Summit County.  They are amazing in almost all temperatures.  I'm excited to see the new FJ socks. I would like to see some low looooooooooooooooow socks from FJ.  Maybe even a low sock in brown so I can wear my all brown DJT's in the summer.

•  

Coral socks? Say it ain't so! LOL (to each their own). While shopping online yesterday, TGW had free shipping for >$75 so I loaded up on the ProDry crew socks (Black, Oatmeal and Beige). They'll probably bury me in FJ socks. Now if only FJ will make golf slacks and belts we can make a full outfit. ;-)

•  

Fairway finder

Rwelch360

Fairway finder

oooohh , you've said the magic words GC, Purple and grey called Napa Valley. Is it possible to experience sock lust? I'm assuming this is a ladies and gents line. Big stick: Pro's shop: on reflection, I'll threaten him with gentle persuasion and a promise of a rapidly opening wallet.

I think the latter will definetly get him to spill the beans. Who doesn't like to make a sale.

There's nothing like crisp bills flowing forth from a leather wallet to get a retailer in the mood for forecasting what they may be able to provide you with in colourful golfing apparel. Was it JJ Cale who sang Money Talks?

FF,

If J.J. Cale didn't sing, "Money Talks", he at least wrote it....it's amazing how many songs he has written. A friend of mine knows J.J. and told me he gets an astronomical amount of money every month in residual income for the multitudes of songs he's composed. Now, how do you know so much about sheep? ;-)

•  

fredcloss

Fairway finder

Rwelch360

Fairway finder

oooohh , you've said the magic words GC, Purple and grey called Napa Valley. Is it possible to experience sock lust? I'm assuming this is a ladies and gents line. Big stick: Pro's shop: on reflection, I'll threaten him with gentle persuasion and a promise of a rapidly opening wallet.

I think the latter will definetly get him to spill the beans. Who doesn't like to make a sale.

There's nothing like crisp bills flowing forth from a leather wallet to get a retailer in the mood for forecasting what they may be able to provide you with in colourful golfing apparel. Was it JJ Cale who sang Money Talks?

FF,

If J.J. Cale didn't sing, "Money Talks", he at least wrote it....it's amazing how many songs he has written. A friend of mine knows J.J. and told me he gets an astronomical amount of money every month in residual income for the multitudes of songs he's composed. Now, how do you know so much about sheep? ;-)

Fred, I'm impressed that your friend Knows JJ Cale. He did indeed sing Money Talks, I was being rhetorical. JJ Cale was, and probably still is, prolific. Eric Clapton is credited  widely for his hit Cocaine, but JJ Cale wrote it along with After Midnight and many other greats. I particularly like Clyde and magnolia , oh and bringing it back to mexico. JJ Cale is so very laid back he is horizontal. I've never had an opportunity to see him play live, but if he came to the UK I would be there in an instant. A very talent chap: he deserves all the money he gets.

I don't know much about sheep at all apart from the fact that if you get them near to cliff edge they push back. Enough said!! :-0

•  

i think they look cool

•  

Hope FJ release more colors to match with Myjoys.

• 1441 points

I agree with you totally fairway finder wool is the way to go on certain things

•  

Tar Heel

So......

Not to burst any bubbles here, but the first availability in the sock range mimics the currently available color pallette: Navy, Black, Khaki (the color, not the fabric), and I think I saw White and a Grey. There was no Red, Purple, or argyle at this point.

Having said this, we need to stay upbeat. The expanded apparel range is new and involves a massive investment from FJ. Expansion will be possible as sales increase and things go in a positive manner. I can't underscore what a huge thing this all is. Remember, Kentwool is VERY limited in assortment.

So lets support what is available in 2012. Remember, every collection will be "limited" in time and availability, and then another series will emerge.

Thought you guys may want to see these!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Tar Heel

So......

Thanks Devin, nice colors. Are those wool or what? Because I need several of those colors. We need to know!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

Tar Heel

So......

Thanks for posting this Devin.  Just goes to show that FJ is definitely listening to what its consumers AND Ambassadors are saying.  Nice to have these options given the new apparel line.

•  

They are an extension of the ProDry line (#16093 DZ PrePack). 

•  

Randy!!  I thought you were an insider with the "know"!?  :-)  just teasing.

You're going to need to add some time in their outfit planning now you can coordinate EVERYTHING.  

•  

Sweet!  Let's get some argyle up in here

•  

joshgiano

Sweet!  Let's get some argyle up in here

;-)