Forums

New sock options for 2012

•  

In addition to the expanded apparel line, FootJoy is also bringing more socks to the table. Look for color additions to the crew -- I saw a pair of coral ones in Derek's van. Biggest addition is an all-new wool sock that we got to see and touch at the FJA Invitational. Really a nice sock, and will go head-to-head against Kentwool. As Chris G said, it's hard to wrap your head around wool socks keeping you cool and dry, but wool has exceptional wicking qualities.

•  

Hey Chris, were there any patterns or argyles in the samples? How about colors besides the coral. Was the sample thin or thick with padding.  More info please.

•  

I'm looking forward to seeing those wool socks.

I am excited about the colors though.

•  
    First rule of Fight Club Chris.

•  

lol... don't make Chris G come find you with that hammer!

Exciting to here.  Hope argyle is in the fold too.  

2012 is going to be a pricey year for me.

•  

I am surprised this got through. I know I am anxiously awaiting 2012 and the new FJ stuff coming out.

•  

golfchick

In addition to the expanded apparel line, FootJoy is also bringing more socks to the table. Look for color additions to the crew -- I saw a pair of coral ones in Derek's van. Biggest addition is an all-new wool sock that we got to see and touch at the FJA Invitational. Really a nice sock, and will go head-to-head against Kentwool. As Chris G said, it's hard to wrap your head around wool socks keeping you cool and dry, but wool has exceptional wicking qualities.

Do you know when this new sock range will be available? If there are some great colours will there be any in purple or red? Lime green would be too much to hope for. How about teal? Coral sounds really good though. Did you get a glimpse of the range of colours in the back of that Van GC? Are they extensive. 

Wool is a wonderful fabric, suits are great in wool, many people think wool is about warmth only, but it's much more versatile, ask any sheep.

•  

All we got was a sneak peek of the four new collections that will debut in the spring. You've already seen the light blue/navy that Team Icon wore and the grey/red that Team DryJoy wore -- so we can guess that there will be navy and grey. The coral went with another collection, and we saw a beautiful purple and grey color story called Napa Valley. You all will just have to go into your pro shop and beat it out of your golf pro!

•  

oooohh , you've said the magic words GC, Purple and grey called Napa Valley. Is it possible to experience sock lust? I'm assuming this is a ladies and gents line. Big stick: Pro's shop: on reflection, I'll threaten him with gentle persuasion and a promise of a rapidly opening wallet.

•  

Fairway finder

oooohh , you've said the magic words GC, Purple and grey called Napa Valley. Is it possible to experience sock lust? I'm assuming this is a ladies and gents line. Big stick: Pro's shop: on reflection, I'll threaten him with gentle persuasion and a promise of a rapidly opening wallet.

The apparel collections are for men only. I couldn't tell you if there were purple socks or grey socks -- I didn't see either. Only letting you know about the colors in the apparel. Justinu3 had a post on a topic titled Great Teasers or something similar that has a small sample of the patterns and hues.

FootJoy does an excellent collection of women's socks in patterns or with colored trim, but the colors are tied to trends in the market.

•  
    I will be looking forward to the addition of a wool sock...
  •  

I'm very interested in trying the wool sock too.  I've had wool ones for hiking in the past and they were great.  That would be perfect for this time of year as it's cooler out.

•  

OUTIGER
    First rule of Fight Club Chris.

What happens in Downers Grove, stays in Downers Grove.  :)

• 3467 points

Fairway finder

I think the latter will definetly get him to spill the beans. Who doesn't like to make a sale.

•  

Rwelch360

Fairway finder

I think the latter will definetly get him to spill the beans. Who doesn't like to make a sale.

There's nothing like crisp bills flowing forth from a leather wallet to get a retailer in the mood for forecasting what they may be able to provide you with in colourful golfing apparel. Was it JJ Cale who sang Money Talks?