Forums

Socks

•  

I asked a couple days ago which were the warmest socks for wintertime & several of you suggested Polartec socks. I've looked around at a few sights for PolarTec socks & there seems to be a lot to choose from. Is there a certain kind that are the warmest?

•  

Bass... Sorry bud, just saw this post today.

Polartec socks from LL Bean or Lands End will do the trick. Really isn't too much difference in them and how warm they are. Trust me, they will feel quite warm compared to other socks you have. And your feet will sweat a lot, and not wick the way composite fabrics do. It's the nature of the beast though.

And BTW, even though you'll sweat, I have never had my feet get cold as a byproduct of that.

•  

Thanks Heel, I bought some Smartwool socks & they are awesome! My feet haven't got cold yet.

•  

KENTWOOL.

•  

NO... SMARTWOOL!!!!! LOL

•  

I prefer Smartwool socks when is starts to cool off during the golf season. I guess that a byproduct of living in Northern Wisconsin is that I already have these socks for winter.

• 3627 points

I'm in Minnesota and everyone up here swears by Smartwools when it's really cold out.