Forums

FJ Socks. Best Engineered socks around and yet lack enough promotion.

•  

Since I started playing it seems there have always been FJ socks available.  I think they are very strong in the market without advertising.  They are the only socks I wear at the golf course (and alot of other places).

Just my two cents.

TT

•  

I,d like to see more shops carry the crew socks such as the prodry and prodry light. they are excellent and the light version work great with my ICONs.

• 3506 points

fredcloss

I,d like to see more shops carry the crew socks such as the prodry and prodry light. they are excellent and the light version work great with my ICONs.

I don't hate that idea. I prefer crews when I wear pants. Nothing more annoying to me when skin shows between pant leg and socks! Yuck

•  

I agree DZ but see a lot of tour pros doing just that. Can you imagine Jack, Arnie or Tom Watson not wearing a full sock? I'm not saying they should go back to wearing ties, but until they allow shorts on tour, how about mandatory crew type socks?

• 3506 points

fredcloss

I agree DZ but see a lot of tour pros doing just that. Can you imagine Jack, Arnie or Tom Watson not wearing a full sock? I'm not saying they should go back to wearing ties, but until they allow shorts on tour, how about mandatory crew type socks?

It's all splitting hairs but I doubt we'd ever see that happen. Can we campaign for knickers?!

•  

dzabkar

fredcloss

It's all splitting hairs but I doubt we'd ever see that happen. Can we campaign for knickers?!

Out of respect for Payne Stewart, knickers should be forever banned forever on tour. ;-) Still, I must concur with Mr. Hogan who dressed very well and felt that "Professionals" should dress in a professional manner.

•  

fredcloss

dzabkar

fredcloss

Out of respect for Payne Stewart, knickers should be forever banned forever on tour. ;-) Still, I must concur with Mr. Hogan who dressed very well and felt that "Professionals" should dress in a professional manner.

Oooh, amen.

•  

dzabkar

fredcloss

Well, the 17th is coming up. . . I'm sure it'll be popular that day. . . ugh. . . it's a Saturday. . . here comes a 5 hour round.

• 3506 points

I hope Mr. Fowler doesn't read this blog then...

• 3627 points

Agree, FJ should market their socks more. Nothing's better than a round of walking golf in a new pair of socks!!! 

• 542 points

If footjoy advertised all of there apparel and lowered there prices a tad they would no doubt in my mind be one of the leaders for apparel in the golfing industry

• 2795 points

I wear F.J. socks and there is nothing as comfortable and durable. Just what you would expect from F.J.  A little more P.R. wouldn't hurt.

•  

Luv my new colorful FJ ComfortSof Low Cuts....Needs to be more adveriting or info-mercials that speak to the tecnology behind the socks as FJ does with their shoes...

•  

I had to have FJ socks!  I've been picking up a few low cuts here and there and and also started to collect some crew type.  I've used the crew type for work when I know I'll be on my feet all day.  The white low cuts for golf.

Yes, I do find that each and every FJ socks are all well engineered for the purpose.  I love them all.

As far as advertisement, I've mentioned or asked my pro one day about why we didn't have FJ shirts.  I forgot what the answer was, but I followed it up with, "How about socks?"  A month later, we now have an FJ Socks Stand.  (Good direction!)

My recent follow up with that was about the kind/type of socks we have in stock.  Again, I forgot what the response was, but I asked about "color and style".  Of course, a few of the guys were passing through and within earshot when I opened it up.  So they're wondering now and curious, too, wanting to know as well.  Some even wanted to know more about shoes.

My little personal shipment has arrived a week ago and I will be in some colorful FJ socks and FJ shirts with my Icons or maybe even the 2013 BOA Sport both Saturday and Sunday. (ha ha!)

Hopefully, I'll play decent, but most definitely, I'll be on foot for everyone to see FootJoy products on a beautiful day on the course.  It'll be 76 and 79 with a slight breeze.  It'll be a nice day to shape shots and shape up our pro shop.

Looking forward to enjoy wearing FJ products and be proud to represent FootJoy in a way that I get all the pleasure from tees to greens.

Put on your FJ gears and play well this weekend, FJC!

Nol