Forums

FJ Socks. Best Engineered socks around and yet lack enough promotion.

• 228 points

I really like what FJ socks bring to the industry. Great engineered socks! We all know that a round of golf takes abt 4 1/2 to 5 hrs of play. Ur feet take a gd pounding. U walkin on uneven terrain and d force generated fm ur swing causes friction between ur feet and your shoes. Sure, those puny soft lined socks can do the job u say. But surely, 1 hr it's ok but after d 2nd or 3rd hr ur begging to get to the clubhouse. Needing to rest ur aching feet. That's d result of not wearing engineered socks. There's a reason why every great Co. spends so much on R&D. So products work d way it ought to work. And minus d agony, suffering and pain associated wif inferior items. I am sure u agree that good equipment matters most wn u wanna hit that 300yds drive of a lifetime. As should be with walking a gd round of golf feeling happy and relieved that ur FJ shoes and socks gave u d most protection. 

As gd as these socks are, it's still not being promoted widely in Asia. Bear in mind, China is growing by leaps and bound. Their golf indulgence is skyrocketing. Do the proper things(marketing etc.) be it China, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand etc and ye shall reap d rewards. Peace

•  

There's a lack of marketing here in the U.S. too!

•  

Agree Future, alot of the marketing is word of mouth of other people who have FJ items. Socks are excellent but I wouldn't have tried them until my buddy let me borrow a pair.

• 476 points

I only wear Footjoy socks, even when I'm not golfing.  Footjoy needs to promote them more because they are amazing!

•  

How about a FJ ad

"Before you put your feet in our shoes,  put your feet in our socks".

Mail me the royalties...lol

Deno

•  

Deno.... That is really good buddy.

•  

Between FootJoy and Kentwool there are no other socks that I wear for golfing.

•  

Haha, that ad would awesome.

I honestly did not even know that FJ made socks until recently when I was looking through the main FJ website. Funny because I know that FJ makes apparel, I just never thought about socks being apparel in that instance. I have NEVER seen them at a store or in a pro shop (or just was never looking for them or assumed they were another brand). 

With all of this hype I am getting from reading the ambassador's posts, I might have to try a pair of some FJ socks the next time I see them at a store.

•  

Devin/Chris, I'd love to do a test on some low cut socks vs. the Under Amour Heat Gear I have now and the Nike Dri-Fit's I've used in the past!  :-)  

I actually buy whatever I see in the department store when I need them.  It's convenience vs. performance for me.

•  

Justinu3

Devin/Chris, I'd love to do a test on some low cut socks vs. the Under Amour Heat Gear I have now and the Nike Dri-Fit's I've used in the past!  :-)  

I actually buy whatever I see in the department store when I need them.  It's convenience vs. performance for me.

Interesting comments...The FJ Extreme ProDry is the best I have worn with FJ Shoes...I have tried others but keep coming back to this line of socks...FWIW

•  

Linking the promotion of socks to shoes could be an answer. Perhaps stores should look to cross sell and add value when they sell a FJ shoe.

•  

Agreed - FJ has the best sock available (they're all  I wear), but you never hear about them. I wonder why?

•  

i agree with you on that one they are really nice socks and i think they do need to represent on at lest on the golf channel

• 3500 points

fredcloss

Agreed - FJ has the best sock available (they're all  I wear), but you never hear about them. I wonder why?

You never really see other companies advertise their socks either. My guess is that advertising $$ goes to the products that bring in the highest forms of revenue. Socks are a wonderful compliment to any FootJoy product because it is the #1 sock out there. Maybe its an interesting thing for companies to think about. But, rarely will you see companies advertising socks like crazy...well, outside of your regular posters and flyers in proshops

•  

After using FJ socks for the first time, I believe no one will back to use another brand.