Forums

COLD WEATHER SOCKS

•  

With cooler days now and colder days ahead what are the options or advice to keep the feet warm and dry

•  

ya i wonder?

•  

Put your high heels in the closet until the summer!

I don't have any real suggestions other than wearing high, thick socks.  Hopefully someone has a little trick to share.

•  

EMKelly0106

Put your high heels in the closet until the summer!

I don't have any real suggestions other than wearing high, thick socks.  Hopefully someone has a little trick to share.

Thick socks are warm but they also do not wick moisture off very well causing many podiatry type problems. By the way Gidget did not wear heels!!

•  

bholley

With cooler days now and colder days ahead what are the options or advice to keep the feet warm and dry

Look for socks with some good old fashioned WOOL in them. Your feet might itch a bit at the end of the day, but they won't be cold!

•  

While to Comfort socks are not moisture wicking I find their thickness warm in the colder weather

I'm sure there are specialty socks for runners and / or hunters that are moisture wicking but I do not know of them.

•  

I have really only done 2 things in this regards B..

1) Stick with my FJ ProDry socks. So far they have been warm enough, down to 45 degrees.

2) Get a pair of fleece socks. These are really warm, but your feet will sweat. I only use these in the really cold winter months, so no golfing experience. When I shovel snow, with lined boots, this fleece stuff keeps the tootsies toasty warm.

•  

Would head to an outdoor store like REI and seeing what they have for hiking. Would be the best suggestion I have for a performance item that would keep the feet warm. Personally have always just stock with the sucks I wear the rest of the year.

Shaun

•  

There are super thin wicking socks out there that you can wear under your FJs. UnderArmour makes some.

•  

Played today in the high 30's and wore my techsof's under some some other socks which the manufacturer shall remain anonymous and the Techsof' worked great!

The Techsof's kept my feet very dry and extremely comfortable. From now on whether playing in difficult conditions or taking the family dog on long and very cold walks in the morning this is the sock which is going on first before any others.

•  

I have found that the ProDry Extreme works well for me in the cold weather.

•  

Smartwool makes great socks.  They are not itchy as some wool can be.  They have 3 or 4 different thickness of socks.  They make them in low cut to above calf length.

•  

19hole

I have found that the ProDry Extreme works well for me in the cold weather.

Same here. I play up north and will throw on the ProDry Extreme Crew when it gets cold. And it definitely gets cold.

•  

I wear a thin pair and then a thicker pair over them in the winter. That way I can take one off it I get hot or wet. Usually works for me. Also knee highs under pants when it's cold can really help with a cold draft!

•  

I would second the SmartWool recommendation. I wear 2 brands of socks, FootJoy in the summer and SmartWool in the winter. Like the original poster stated they come in a few different weights. I like the hiking version, warm enough without adding too much bulk.