Forums

Are they worth it?

• 2828 points

I have some FJ socks - rolltops-- but now after several wearings they are sliding into my shoes.  I was looking at the Tech sof tour now but was wondering if they were worth $12 a pair.  thinking of either the sport or low cut but prefer a lower sock with shorts.  anyone use these and how have they held up as far as slippage ?  all comments welcome.  

• 1362 points

The Tech sofs are worth every cent. The first time I wore my Low Cut I noticed I had to pull them up a bit higher than the shoe so that they won't slide back into the shoe. If you do this you will love them as much as I do. These are so comfortable. If you wt the sport you won't have that problem.

• 641 points

Worth it.  So worth it.

Though if you don't want to pay $12 for the Tech Sof, you can't go wrong paying a little less for the Pro Drys/Pro Dry Extremes.

•  

I like the ProDry Sport. The no see um s end up slipping.

•  

My primary sock of choice is the ComfortSof Low Cut....it's almost like no sock at all.....I keep about four styles in my drawer:  ComfortSof:  Low Cuts, Roll Tops, Sport, and Quarter......I like the Low Cuts and Roll Tops with shorts and the Sport and Quarter with long slacks.....mainly in two color black and white....if I can find tan, I will throw those in the drawer....and I do have a pair or two of navy Roll Tops.......I have worn Roll Tops forever and I do not have that problem with them sliding into my shoes....I do lace my shoes very tight.......not uncomfortable....but tight....FJs are the best I have found.....and they do last.....cz  :  )    

• 2828 points

MarkWDallasTx
    I like the ProDry Sport. The no see um s end up slipping.

Thank you Mark -- Glad i am not only one with the slippage issue.  i may have to start going with the "sport" style regardless of the FJ line.  

• 4670 points

I have a bunch of the FJ socks (of various models).  My favorites are the Tech Sofs that I got after winning a contest here.

But I find that I don't have slippage with any of the "no see' socks that I have from FJ.  The Tech Sofs are by far the nicest (and one would hope so at the cost).  But the others are all very nice and I don't have any problems wearing other pairs.

• 3066 points

The majority of my golf socks are ComfortSof Sport and ComfortSof Low Cut. They are great, comfortable and long lasting. No problems with these puppy protectors.

• 1735 points

I have several pairs of the Pro Dry socks and have only had slippage issues after wearing them for a full season of work/play.  And even then it is very minimal slipping at worst.  

• 2828 points

CTiger
    I have several pairs of the Pro Dry socks and have only had slippage issues after wearing them for a full season of work/play.  And even then it is very minimal slipping at worst.

I wish it was only a little slippage. i have had them fall into my shoe and off my heel.  Makes for an irritation during my round and uncomfortable as well.  Maybe I am doing something wrong when I put them on.  

•  

You can't go wrong with the tech sof sock, they are worth every penny. Pick up one pair and try them out, if you are like me you will soon only wear that sock for golf, working out and just everyday use.

• 1735 points

Pony
    CTigerI have several pairs of the Pro Dry socks and have only had slippage issues after wearing them for a full season of work/play.  And even then it is very minimal slipping at worst.

I wish it was only a little slippage. i have had them fall into my shoe and off my heel.  Makes for an irritation during my round and uncomfortable as well.  Maybe I am doing something wrong when I put them on.

That does not sound very good Pony, maybe you got a pair that the elastic is worn out in the ankle area.  I would for sure let the FJ folks know about that and maybe send them some pics.  I have a couple of pairs now that are getting pretty worn, but have never had any slip over my heel and down into the shoe.  I hope you can get this figured out and find some that stay on your foot.  

•  

I think I have every style of FJ socks. I am, as we speak, wearing a pair of purple ones from two seasons ago. They are comfortable, stylish, and well worth every penney.

The Tech Sof in particular, has lots of comfort built it. They are way more structured than the roll tops, so you should make certain to try them out.

•  

Pony
    I have some FJ socks - rolltops-- but now after several wearings they are sliding into my shoes.  I was looking at the Tech sof tour now but was wondering if they were worth $12 a pair.  thinking of either the sport or low cut but prefer a lower sock with shorts.  anyone use these and how have they held up as far as slippage ?  all comments welcome.

I had the same problem but the rolltops were too small of a size, when I went the next size up the problem did not happen any longer... JAT