Forums

RollTop socks

• 2632 points

What is the advantage or disadvantage if the roll top on the socks vs the low non roll top?  if one wears roll tops vs other why do you prefer them.  

•  

They do not slip down on the heel as easily

• 1466 points

I haven't had any problems with any sock slipping down and prefer the look of the low socks more, to each his own though

•  

i agree from a fashion point of view they do offer a more traditional look versus the sporty look without the roll top.  The roll tops also are a cushion fabric to some degree so they fit fuller...great feel !

• 544 points

I like the look of the roll top and the low profile leaves a lower tan line...

• 4480 points

It's going to be a personal preference thing entirely.

I prefer the low non roll tops as they just feel better to me and I don't run into any sliding down or "wardrobe malfunctions"

• 503 points

Nothing like roll-tops and a pair of Classics.

WW

•  

Roll Top or Non Roll Top that is the question....I guess its' whatever feels best on your feet before, during and after a round.

BTW - Welcome ww  !

•  

I need to pick up some roll tops.

• 2632 points

I picked up 2 pair of ProDry extreme roll tops today to see how the hold up.  And make sure they do not slip down my heel.  Also a pair of just pro dry low to check those out.  i am culling all my other socks as I wear a pair and if they slip down - trash at end of the round.  

• 819 points

Pony
    I picked up 2 pair of ProDry extreme roll tops today to see how the hold up.  And make sure they do not slip down my heel.  Also a pair of just pro dry low to check those out.  i am culling all my other socks as I wear a pair and if they slip down - trash at end of the round.

I am doing the same thing for the most part.  My sock drawer is pretty full at the moment, but most don't stay up well or are starting to wear out in areas that cushion is a must.  Replacing with ProDry Extreme lows and Roll Tops as needed.

•  

I was wearing some roll top socks this weekend and love them!  The roll tops are not as performance fabric oriented as the ProDry Extremes except the fit is different between the two socks...

• 2756 points

To each their own...but the roll tops aren't for me.  When I see them I can't help but think they are a little feminine.  They're like little pom-pons for socks.

• 2632 points

Ryan Atkins
    To each their own...but the roll tops aren't for me.  When I see them I can't help but think they are a little feminine.  They're like little pom-pons for socks.

can we get the pom-pons on mens ?  :)

•  

Pony
    Ryan AtkinsTo each their own...but the roll tops aren't for me.  When I see them I can't help but think they are a little feminine.  They're like little pom-pons for socks.

can we get the pom-pons on mens ?  :)

If you wear a 10 or smaller they will fit just fine.