GTxtreme review

GTxtreme review

•  

Played a few rounds with the GTxtreme that FJ was so wonderful to send us home with at the FJA invite and was pleased with the performance of the glove. Couple of notes: I was a huge fan of the Spidr2 so I was a little concerned with the change. I like the thickness of the Spidr2 and I find it to be one of the most durable gloves I have used. The GTxreme is a bit thinner in the hand than the Spidr2 in my opinion but I was still quite happy with the fit on the hand. The finder length is just right (I wear Cadet ML). Glove seems to "attach" the club to my hand and I feel confident while holding the club at address. During the swing, as expected, the glove provides excellent grip throughout the swing and I felt no slide at all between my glove hand and the club. Durability so far has been excellent; after 4 rounds the glove shows little to no wear and I can say there has been no change in grip yet and my confidence is just as high in my grip as the first time I pulled it out of it's package. I played a round in about 40 degrees and today at about 76 degrees and glove performed just the same. My only issue with the glove is that I am not a huge fan of the ball marker and the ball marker holder on the glove. The glove feels a bit "snug" on the back of my hand, I may try a cadet L to see if that helps. I can't say if the snug feeling is due to the ball marker/holder, but could be, I have never used a glove with the marker on the glove. I don't think it is a deal breaker for the glove but it is at least a bit of a bummer for me.

Mike

• 3542 points

Great review...I too am a fan of the Spidr2 glove. I have one new one left, after that looks like I'll be moving to the GTxtreme.

•  

that is a good point now i want to try the one that i got durring the FJI

•  

Also a fan of the Spidr 2. Have had an interest interesting experience with the last lot: My thumb would rupture the outside of the glove. This has happened to four gloves this season. I will have an opportunity to test the GTEx soon or I may move to the SciFlex.

-ICONs for ALL

• 2781 points

Great review. I can't wait to try one.

•  

Thanks, I am currently wearing the Spidr2, this helps

• 2781 points

RANDYWILDMAN
    Thanks, I am currently wearing the Spidr2, this helps

I used the Spidr2 for a long time and just bought the GTxtreme the other day.  I think it out preforms the Spidr2 in every way.

• 126 points

Great Review, love mine

•  

Usually, during winter, I practice more than I play.  But  the SoCal weather had been very nice this year that it allowed me to practice even more and also play more.  (except for this week's rain... errp.)  In any case, our pro shop recommended for me to try the FootJoy's GTxtreme golf glove over a month ago.  Although it felt much thicker than StaSof (a glove I'm a fan of), it does a great job in protecting my palms from the harsh friction against golf grips (GolPride Tour Wrap is what I use).  

I got used to its thickness after a while.  More importantly, the life I'm getting out of the GTxtreme glove is an outrage!  It almost looks as if it's ready to go another month of beating.  The snug fit stays and does not stretch lose as much as it should have for the amount of practices and play I've done with it.  The palms also stays pretty much with the same feel on the grip- it hasn't turned slippery or have not rip.  There are some signs of stress in the usual areas of the palm, but it is very durable.  It gets a little dirty, but not a big deal at all.

Hmmm... I'm wondering now... but I haven't looked if there is a darker color in this style/model glove.

Thank you, FootJoy... great product!

•  

The GXxtreme has a been a great glove for me.  I found the Spidr2 was good but too thick for my personal preference.  

• 716 points

I was a fan of the Spdr2, also. Stocked a few away when they went on close out (down to my last two). I didn't care for the extra pad on the GTExtreme. Also a fan for Sciflex. Will go to those when my las Spdr2 wears out.

•  

I WROTE SEVERAL REVIEWS ON THE SPIDR2 A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. IT WAS MY FAVORITE GLOVE.

I'VE BOUGHT ALL I COULD FIND AND HAVE ABOUT 8 IN WAITING. THE GT EXTREME (IMO) IS A WATERED DOWN SPIDR2.

NOT HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE BUT I GUESS I'LL MAKE IT THROUGH THE CRISISY ) ***LOL,LOL,LOL.). DON';T GET ME WRONG,THE EXTREME IS A GREAT GLOVE BUT NOT LIKE THE SPIDR2 WAS.

•  

DOGLOSKI

I WROTE SEVERAL REVIEWS ON THE SPIDR2 A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. IT WAS MY FAVORITE GLOVE.

I'VE BOUGHT ALL I COULD FIND AND HAVE ABOUT 8 IN WAITING. THE GT EXTREME (IMO) IS A WATERED DOWN SPIDR2.

NOT HAPPY WITH THE CHANGE BUT I GUESS I'LL MAKE IT THROUGH THE CRISISY ) ***LOL,LOL,LOL.). DON';T GET ME WRONG,THE EXTREME IS A GREAT GLOVE BUT NOT LIKE THE SPIDR2 WAS.

Doug,

You can find Spider2's fairly cheap on the internet depending on the size you wear.

TH