Storing Gloves to keep soft and supple?

Storing Gloves to keep soft and supple?

• 2474 points

This may have been addressed somewhere back in the forums but what is best way to store my stasof gloves to keep them soft and supple?  Do people keep in original package or some other way.  I rotate several gloves as I play multiple times per week (4 -5 ) but store in a golf bag pocket after rounds.  Mine harden and become slick after awhile.  i also hang on bag sometimes.  Any suggestions? 

•  
    Rotate the gloves, let's them dry and store in zip lock bags!
  •  

The best thing I've heard of is a zip-lock bag.

•  

I let it dry, then store in the original package.

•  

All of those ways will work...Thanks gentleman for taking care of some questions for me!

•  

I have the hard plastic packages, that some gloves come in. I let my gloves dry, then I place them in these packages.

• 1015 points

All I know is that everyone says water is the enemy of the glove, which I find to be true. So I hang my glove on my bag overnight using the velcro and then refold it as it comes in the package. I'm a college player so the gloves tend to last around a month or two.

•  

i just put my gloves on my line up sticks and let them dry over night and when they get terriable ill start a new glove...... a new glove lasts me around a month and that includes practice and playing

•  

I have two "game day gloves" that I rotate after 9 holes and let dry overnight then store in their plastic sleeve. I have about a dozen "practice gloves" that are rough and are holding on by a thread that I only use when I am at the range. I just grab one out of a ziplock bag at the range.

•  

I let it dry overnight and then replace it in the original packaging (or a zip lock bag if the original packaging is lost). 

•  

I'm going to try and remember this. . . zip lock bags.

Thanks, guys, and Pony, for posting the question.

• 440 points

If you play in hot weather or sweat alot and put them in a zip lock they end up staying moist.  I suggest just keeping at room temperature and/or in a drawer out of sunlight

•  

This question came up in our discussions at the FJA Invitational last week.  My take away is to keep it flat in the original packaging.

• 384 points

I keep mine hanging from the back strap on my dual strap stand bag.  If it rains, I put them in a pocket.  The do feel a little stiff when I first put them on, but loosen up quickly. Drying, packaging, storing, just seems so time consuming.

• 293 points

yes I keep mine in a zip lock bag also! keeps it soft and ready to use again and I play 5 or 6 times a week!