Are you using the gloves correct size?

Are you using the gloves correct size?

•  

Because I do not like to wear gloves tight, always bought size ML, that seems ok to me. The problem was that after 5-6 rounds they were too wide and feel unconfortable.
    A friend suggested me to use the smaller size (Mwhich seemed impractical.  However, after 2-3 hours on the driving range they were perfect and so continue for many more rounds.

Are you sure using the gloves correct size?

•  

That's a very interesting point. Many do buy gloves a tad too large as after wearing a while, they are too lose and slip (why Hogan didn't wear one). Do you all feel a glove should be a little too tight at first?

•  

I think I'm using the correct size...the M/L is a little tight right out of the package but quickly loosens up to the perfect fit. 

•  

I've found it takes a while to find the right size in each brand of glove.  The ones I'm using now are Cadet M.  I used to buy Cadet ML from the same folks, but found they got too big too quickly.  I've bought Cadet M from other companies and found them much too small, as have been even some Cadet ML from the same company--at least in that style.  I'm convinced it's a trial and error effort.  ONce you find one that fits right, just stick with it and buy, buy, buy.

•  

Hmm,

A few months ago, I found myself trying to figure out what glove size I really wanted to use, and I found that I really like using a size that was bigger, I think Large instead of Medium Large, and it seems as though my gloves really are lasting longer than they were before, in terms of the fit.

This is interesting because I went up a size while you went down a size.

•  

It doesn't matter the way we follow, the point is that we have our problem solved.

•  

Im still trying to find a glove thats my size. I have long thin fingers, so in order to get the length right, I need XXL, but then they are too wide, so I usually end up settling for XL

•  

I was always taught that the golf should be skin tight the first time on. The leather then gives a little to become the perfect fit. I usually try them on in the store too as sometimes there can be a variation. The professional will let you try them on and confirm the right fit.

•  

i think that you should get the glove that feels a little tight on you in the store because they will get biger when you are warming up before your round

•  

I treat gloves the same way I do with shoes...they are going to stretch out eventually so when I purchase them I get them a little tight...IMO

• 91 points

Can't you buy gloves that's not so stretchable. Leather especially thin ones will stretch. I remember weathersof hardly stretch.
  •  

Lusogolf

Because I do not like to wear gloves tight, always bought size ML, that seems ok to me. The problem was that after 5-6 rounds they were too wide and feel unconfortable.
    A friend suggested me to use the smaller size (Mwhich seemed impractical.  However, after 2-3 hours on the driving range they were perfect and so continue for many more rounds.

The first glove I've ever owned was a FootJoy.  That's what I saw my dad wore when I became on on golf.  He schooled me and said the gloves are supposed to feel like your outer skin (skin tight- blood should be able to flow and circulate while it hugs your hand and fingers).  Also, the ends of your fingertips should be just touching the ends of the glove (not stretched).

With that, I found that a "small cadet" has been my perfect fit.

• 252 points

I have found that I am usually a size large in the glove department, but when I went to go shopping and tried on a PureTouch glove, I noticed that the size of those seems to be quite a bit tighter than other styles. Usually when I find a glove that fits great I buy 3 or 4 of them to last me through the whole summer so I don't have to worry when I blow one out.

• 3627 points

Agree, a glove should be just a little tight at first to allow the leather to stretch slightly.

•  

Lusogolf

I was taught that the glove should fit you (just slightly snug) as it will stretch and that when it no longer fits comfortably (4-7 rounds) it should be replaced. Remember a glove is a commodity (like the golf ball) that has value until it needs to be replaced (scuffed/scratched ball). A gloves condition will affect your grip/swing confidence, so it is important to find a methodology/pattern of comfort and replacement that suites your playing style.

-ICONs for ALL