Putting or not with glove?

Putting or not with glove?

• 856 points

No glove for me. I use thin grips for feel, and the glove would just kill that feel. H
  •  

Lusogolf

When I started always wore gloves while putting, but know to feel it better I neeed to take it out. How do you putt, with or without it?

I know the conversation is older but, just wanted to add my input.

I was taught long time ago that you cannot feel with something between your natural senses and another surface. Since putting is a "Feel" activity, my hands sense the amount of force at impact that travels from the face, up through the shaft - no Glove.

- ICONs for ALL

•  

thomas alston iii

Lusogolf

When I started always wore gloves while putting, but know to feel it better I neeed to take it out. How do you putt, with or without it?

I know the conversation is older but, just wanted to add my input.

I was taught long time ago that you cannot feel with something between your natural senses and another surface. Since putting is a "Feel" activity, my hands sense the amount of force at impact that travels from the face, up through the shaft - no Glove.

- ICONs for ALL

That is a good way to put it

• 1784 points

without

• 250 points

I was a baseball guy originally so naturally the superstion follows me everywhere... I keep the glove on and if the putting isnt on at the time, I take it right off!

•  

Although I go through boxes of gloves, I sometimes don't wear one in a round.  When I do, I've noticed my self putting with them on.  I like the thinnest glove I could find.  Foot Joy and Titleist has the best fit and feel on me.  In the cold weather up here in the high desert, it gets very dry.  Gloves on almost gives my hands more feel onto my grip.  But no, I don't always have a glove on when I putt.

•  

fredcloss

. . . . Putting requires dead solid contact to consistently putt well.

Yes, I agree.

•  

noeldaof

fredcloss

. . . . Putting requires dead solid contact to consistently putt well.

Yes, I agree.

me too

•  

I am glove wearing Gal on or off the green....Have not noticed a difference with chip, pitch or put with it off.  However, based on your comments am going to experiment further !

• 3503 points

girlsgotgolf

I am glove wearing Gal on or off the green....Have not noticed a difference with chip, pitch or put with it off.  However, based on your comments am going to experiment further !

You may notice quite the difference. Maybe its a mental thing but no glove putting (I think) helps with total touch and feel

• 3627 points

No glove when putting or anything from 75 yards and in. Need the extra feel.