Putting or not with glove?

Putting or not with glove?

•  

When I started always wore gloves while putting, but know to feel it better I neeed to take it out. How do you putt, with or without it?

•  

I putt and chip without a glove. Just feel like I have more control.

•  
    I am with Shaun on this one. The glove is in the pocket for pitching and putting. The only time I deviate from this is if the weather is inclement and I am worried about the club slipping due to the weather...
  •  

i putt without a glove so I can feel the strike on the putter face better. It also seems to provide a better feel for distance. 

• 3539 points

I too putt and chip without a glove. I seem to have more touch/feel without it.

•  

I've gone both ways and depending on conditions will keep the glove on in certain circumstances. When I do keep a glove on I have the FJ Pure Touch for those instances.

• 3467 points

i never putt, chip or pitch with a glove on. 

•  

+1 Shaun, ToddL, shawks (or does that make it plus 3?) I take off my glove to pitch and putt.

•  

I usually putt without a glove, unless it's really cold. Chipping varies depending on the shot and distance.

•  

I used to putt with a glove but I've come to like the feel better putting without a glove.  I also chip from around the green and hit all pitch shots 30 yards and in without a glove now.

•  

Without for pitches, chips, and putts, unless it's so cold I need to keep the glove on to be able to feel my fingers.

•  

No glove for me when putting. I also take it off for chips and pitches around the green and green-side bunker shots. I like the added feel on these shots where I don't worry about excessive grip pressure from no having the glove on.

•  

I putt without a glove. To me, I have a better feel without a glove.

•  

A little story. The other day one of my playing partners was making a lot of 3 putts. Around the 13 hole I noticed he was wearing a glove while putting. I suggested he remove his glove while putting. The next 5 holes, were 2 and even 1 putts, no more 3 putts. 

•  

Grumpy, that's a good story. There's got to be a reason so many pros putt without a glove. To me, I can "feel" the strike (not stroke) and how solid it was. Putting requires dead solid contact to consistently putt well.