FJ Cart Mitts

FJ Cart Mitts

•  

Has anyone had the chance to play with the FJ Cart Mitts?  I'm wondering if you have to take them off every time in order to grip the club.

•  

Yes you do have to take them off to hit, they are very large but that being said they are very warm. If you want some warm gloves you can swing with go with the Wintersof. I have a pair and they feel a little thicker than normal gloves do keep the hands warm.

photo of product #

•  

Hello Todd

Welcome. The mitts I use from Titleist/FJ are the type with "slits" in them so you can pull them up your arms during your shot and not have to remove them. Works quite well.

Fo me though, I usually just take them off when I'm hitting and then pull 'em back on. It's just me, so do as you're most comfy with.

Welcome on board again!

•  

I tend to take them off between shots too. Putting works well when you pull them up, they really keep your hands warm!

•  

I got a pair of the FJ cart mitts with the slits as a tournament favor a few years back and use them religiously on cold mornings when I have to drive a cart.  I simply roll the gloves back over my sleeves and play on.  I tend not to take them off during the round, though as it warms up I often will remove them, especially the left one (I'm right handed so the left already has the golf glove).  I've had great comments from my playing partners over the years I've had them, including during this morning's round.  Weather started out about 40-45 and got up to the mid-to high-60s by the time we finished.  Mitts stayed on through about five holes, then stayed in the cart until finished.  If you can find them, go for it.

•  

Whats the difference between the mitts & the wintersof gloves. If my hands are cold playing, I sure don't want to be taking mittens on & off when I can just get my gloves on. I'm sure 1 of you will tell me otherwise but I don't see a reason for mittens if its cold.

•  

I think I should order some and then buy a Clicgear 3.0 so that I can put them on it.

•  

Thanks - sounds like they will be a fine addition to my FJ line.  I appreciate the advice and recommendations.

I am happy to have joined the FJ Community!

•  

Nelbass

Whats the difference between the mitts & the wintersof gloves. If my hands are cold playing, I sure don't want to be taking mittens on & off when I can just get my gloves on. I'm sure 1 of you will tell me otherwise but I don't see a reason for mittens if its cold.

The mittens are used inbetween shots to keep your hands warm alot of people put hand warmers in the mittiens because they are big and easily taken on and off. The wintersof gloves can be used while swinging but do not keep your hands quite as warm as the mittens. I have the wintersof gloves but keep hand warmers in the pockets of my jackets and stuff them in there after each shot.

•  

How cold of weather do ya'll play in? I played the other day & it was about 42 & played without gloves. My hands didn't get cold at all & I was very surprised. Yesterday, I did put my wintersof gloves on while warming up tho because it was stinking my hands when I miss hit a shot. Took them off to play after.

•  

The pair I have are pretty old, but still in great condition. I remove them before each shot. I also use hand wamer packs in mine when temps drop low.

A great investment.

A most importantly "Welcome to the community Todd"!

Regards

Tim

•  

Nelbass

How cold of weather do ya'll play in? I played the other day & it was about 42 & played without gloves. My hands didn't get cold at all & I was very surprised. Yesterday, I did put my wintersof gloves on while warming up tho because it was stinking my hands when I miss hit a shot. Took them off to play after.

I will play till about 34 degrees as long as its not windy. Once its lower than 34 I worry about cracking my woods (prob wont happen but worries me).

•  

Whaql1

I will play till about 34 degrees as long as its not windy. Once its lower than 34 I worry about cracking my woods (prob wont happen but worries me).

+1 Whaql

I have snapped a driver shaft on a cold morning around 30 degrees, it was cold a spitting snow.

•  

40 degrees is my cut off for playing, anything below that and it just isn't worht the risk of damaging my woods/hybrid.

•  

The temps are not usually the problem here in New England - we are tough...It is the wind chill that is most uncomfortable.  The courses tend to close when the greens freeze and are covered.  Some courses set up temp greens, but that is not too fun...When the courses close, I head inside to the Golf Dome.

index_04.jpg

DOME_031.jpg