PTL PACKAGING

PTL PACKAGING

•  

I was wondering if a packaging change could be made to the PTL. After a round of golf I like to return the glove to its original package. but the design of the PTL envelope is not readily usable in that replacing the glove in the envelope is done from the top and the glove does not go in easily nor does it retain its nice shape. The packaging is great but I would like to see the package open from the side like all the others so that returning the glove to its package would be made easier.

Any possibility of this happening??

•  

maybe some sort of bag could be included with the PTL

•  

Try using a freezer bag from the kitchen or tupperware has some perfect products if you have the storage area in your bag

•  

bholley

Try using a freezer bag from the kitchen or tupperware has some perfect products if you have the storage area in your bag

The bag is a good idea if the hands are dry, but I would prefer the original packaging for breathability as I usually rotate gloves and may not  use that particular glove for a week or so. Have had gloves get mildew on them once or twice.

•  

To be honest, I have tried putting gloves back in a regular plastic package as well as just tossing them in a bag pocket. I really do not see any difference in glove life between the two storage methods.

•  

19hole

To be honest, I have tried putting gloves back in a regular plastic package as well as just tossing them in a bag pocket. I really do not see any difference in glove life between the two storage methods.

My only concern is the mildew factor with a closed plastic bag. Had one, not PTL, do this and it ruined the glove. Don't think other than that  it affects glove life.

•  

I too try to keep my glove in the package when possible but, like 19 said I don't think it will make a difference if you put it in a side pocket of your golf bag. As long as it stays flat and doesn't get all bunched up in a ball it should be fine. I have seen a golf glove holder shaped like a hand and made of plastic you can put the glove on before putting it in the golf bag. The theory behind that would be to keep the natural shape of the glove. Kind of like the wooden shoe insets they sell to put in your shoes when you are not using them.

Golf Glove Keeper @ Golfsmith $2.99

•  

eagle3

19hole

My only concern is the mildew factor with a closed plastic bag. Had one, not PTL, do this and it ruined the glove. Don't think other than that  it affects glove life.

Next time you are at the grocery take one of the produce bags. The newer ones supposedly let moisture out.

•  

Personally, I like the packaging.  I don't return them to the package after use but I think the current packaging is great for marketing and is really good when I carry multiple in my bag.  They don't get ripped open or anything.  I think the packaging makes the glove that much more "limited" and prestigious.

I would suggest taking one the old glove packs and using it if you replace them in the pack after use.  Personally, I just latch it to the bag when I'm done and replace it almost weekly so there are generally no problems for me.

•  

I agree with EMK - I like the feel of the packaging and will probably just place it in my zippered pocked of my bag that I dedicated to gloves. I'm just waiting for a round that merits wearing it.

•  

Eagle - 

Thanks for the email.  Because the Pure Touch is such a special and limited product, the glove product/mkt team felt that the packaging needed to reflect this by conveying an ultra-premium appearance.  I can understand your comments about the ease of removal and replacement.  I will pass on your comments to the right people, but unfortunately I can't make any promises.

Regards,

ML

•  

Thanks !!!

•  

Probably you all misunderstand my thinking. The packaging is outstanding. What I would like to see changed is instead of the glove being taken out of the top, a side opening would make a better way to replace the glove so that it could be kept in better condition. Just an opinion. I don't like puting my gloves in plastic bags as they don't allow and air to get to them and tend to get moldy when put away damp or sweaty. And they do begin to deteriorate being kept that way.

•  

Here's what I do with my gloves. My hands sweat a lot and when it's hot & humid here in the northeast, I can go through 4, 5 or even 6 gloves in a round... and I remove my glove for chipping and putting.

I have a few of those shower curtain rings (available at the dollar store or included when you buy a small golf towel) that I hang off my bag and can loop the velcro tab through it. I can hang several gloves with a chain of 3 of those loops!

I also keep a small shaker of baby powder/corn starch mix in my bag. When I'm about to hang a glove to dry for a few holes, or until the next round, I close the velcro tab, shake some powder into it, pinch it shut and give the glove a shake.

I also keep a large zip-lock bag in my bag when there's a chance of significant rain. Nothing worse than pulling a dry glove out of the bag and finding that rain has seeped through a zipper and soaked the gloves!

Just my input... Enjoy the Summer!

•  

Mike... was there ever a definite yes or no for a run of PTL for the lefties?