paper or plastic?

paper or plastic?

•  

Does anyone use the bags the gloves came in or ziplocs to keep the glove in when not in use? I read to keep the glove fresh, you should keep it in a sealed bag to keep the oils in the leather or something like that. I always just keep mine in one of the zippered pockets. Is this good enough or should I start using a ziploc?

•  

I'm a Ziploc person but normally on wear a glove when the weather is really cold or late July/early August.  The glove I had in my bag all winter was fine when I pulled it out last weekend for the early morning play.

GO HOKIES

•  

I keep all my extra gloves in a ziploc in my bag. It not only keeps them soft, it protects them from any moisture that may get into the bag from rain etc.

•  

Good question...

I made the move a couple years ago to buy a Rubbermaid "sandwich keeper" box. It's one of their products that's used to store leftovers, and it's more rectangular (bigger than a sandwich frankly).

Anyway, it snaps closed and is great for holding up to about 7-8 gloves at any time. Allows me to rotate them and also... here's the biggie.... they stay dry if it's rainy out and definately keeps them "fresh" between uses. And I'll tell you what, it's lasted me much longer than a Ziploc.

•  

I just toss mine in the bag. They don't really last that long (about 5 rounds) and I find I use a new one every week, sometimes even sooner.

•  

i just keep all of mine together, flattened out, in their own dedicated zippered pocket. they seem fine to me but after reading the replies, i may try out the ziploc or the rubbermaid idea

•  

hey Tar Heel you must have a pretty big bag to be keeping boxes in it. Guess you don't carry.

•  

Mizuno

Correct. I use a staff bag, which has lots of pockets, because I just can't carry anymore.... Too many years on ice playing hockey.

•  

I think that I am going to look for a suitable case for my gloves today at Target.

•  

A good Ziplock Sandwich bag can hold 3 or 4 gloves at a time. By keeping one for the range and one for games, I always have gloves available in good condition.

• 1782 points

I have used the Ziploc bag strategy for years.  It works great.  Rain pair stays in 1 bag and only comes out a few times a year.  I keep 3-4 pairs in my normal golf bag and rotate them.  Gloves stay a lost fresher and don't dry out.  Once the gloves get slippery it's time for a new one.  The plastic pouches the gloves come in don't block the outside moisture enough.  

•  

normally use one of my bags pockets but, like the ziploc idea though..I rotate 3-4 gloves