SPIDR2

SPIDR2

•  

PLAYED FOR THE FIRST TIME USING THE NEW SPIDR2 GLOVE.

FOLKS YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS GLOVE.

THE GRIP IS UNBELIEVEABLE. YOU LAY THE CLUB IN IT AND THATS WHERE IT STAYS..

A LITTLE "THICKER" FEEL THAN STA-SOFT BUT RELLY GOOD FOR ME.

TRY 'EM.

•  

I agree, I was lucky enough to win one and have been wearing it for my practice sessions. The hex grip does take a little getting used to and it is more tacky than the standard glove. We'll have to report in later on how they wear. I usually go through at least a couple of gloves a season.

•  

I really enjoyed testing mine at the range last week. The only problem is I also tried the PTL in the same session, so the Spidr2 kind of fell by the wayside comparatively speaking. Once I have to buy some new gloves though, I will probably be getting more of the Spidrs.

• 1782 points

Hendricks - what is the PTL?  What are the costs for the PTL vs Spidr2?

•  

MCMJR77

Hendricks - what is the PTL?  What are the costs for the PTL vs Spidr2?

The PTL is the Pure Touch Limited. This is higher caliber glove that is really thin. It has an MSRP of $28 and I usually buy them from TGW.com for $24.95. The Spider is a nice glove that can be had for around $14. Hope this helps.

•  

I think that while the Spidr2 may have some definite advantages, I am personally hooked on the PTL. The cost is not a factor with me and I may just get one of the Spidrs to put in the bag for certain conditions that arise when playing in humid weather. It never hurts to have several gloves in the bag if conditons change or one glove just isn't doing the job anymore.

•  

Ok, I played 9 holes last Friday with the Spidr and shot a 39. Played today with a different bag and forgot the gloves so I played with a Bionic that I had in there and shot a 55??? Bad day? or was it the glove?

•  

Just picked up a spider as my current glove is on its last legs, will update all when I play my first round, but just trying the thing on I think it will be a great item. Very happy they come in "lefty swing" friendly version.

Price is great also.

• 1782 points

Just bought my first SPIDR2 today.  Didn't get to try it as I was watching PHIL win his 3rd jacket.  Looking forward to going to the range this week to test it out!

•  

WELL I AM ON ROUND 7 WITH THE GLOVE AND IT IS 85 DEGREES HERE.

LOKKS AND FEELS LIKE NEW.

WHEW,,,WHERE HAVE THESE THINGS BEEN?

•  

JUST FINISHED ROUND 12 WITH THE SPIDR2 GLOVE.

BROUGHT IT HOME HAND WASHED IT WITH HAND SOAP AND RINSED IT GOOD,HUNG IT UP,,,,JUST CHECKED--A LITTLE PALM WEAR BUT ALL ELSE LIKE NEW.

HAVE TO SAVE UP AND GET ME SOME OF THESE.

•  

HAVE NOW PLAYED 16 ROUNDS WITH SPYDR2.

IT HAS BEEN 90 DEGREES EVERY DAY AND THE GLOVE IS STARTING TO STRETCH A BIT.

STILL A LITTLE WEAR ON THE PALM BUT NO BREAKS.

BACK OF THE GLOVE LOOKS GREAT,,,THE PALM AND FINGERS PRETTY DIRTY.

GUESS I'LL TRYT WASHING IT AGAIN.

I'LL KEEP YOU INFORMED.

• 2941 points

I picked one of the SPIDR2 gloves up while vacationing in the US (Florida). Temps were 85 degrees and normally I'd go through a couple of gloves (at least) over 2 weeks in this weather.  The SPIDR2 lasted the full holiday, is still going strong and I want to get another one ready for when it does start to get a little too slick. Trouble is, they're not available in the UK (from what I can gather) - c'mon Footjoy....so many golfers in the UK and we get forgotten ? ;)

•  

DON'T WANT TO PUT YOU FOLKS ASLEEP BUT I HAND WASHED THE SPIDR AGAIN AND PATTED IT DRY WITH A TOWEL AND LET IT SET ON A DRY TOWEL OVERNIGHT AND,,,IT WAS JUST LIKE NEW.

I HAVE NOW REACHED 19 ROUNDS AND THE GLOVE IS STRETCHED A LITTLE WITH A LITTLE WEAR ON THE PALM,,,BUT ALL ELSE GOOD.

I THINK I'VE BORED YOU ENOUGH. THIS IS THE LAST REPORT. I THINK YOU CAN TELL THAT I'M IMPRESSED WITH THE SPIDR 2.

•  

shaun13

Just picked up a spider as my current glove is on its last legs, will update all when I play my first round, but just trying the thing on I think it will be a great item. Very happy they come in "lefty swing" friendly version.

Price is great also.

Played my first round, and while the glove had great stick to the club I have to say I did not like the feel as much as the StaSoft. Though the Spider was a little thick and lacked the "feel" needed on those touch shots. Went to GG and bought 2 more StaSoft this AM and will be using that glove going forward.