how long before you replace your glove?

how long before you replace your glove?

•  

I've gone through a couple PTL since my first one but they seem to have some stability to them.  I don't usually practice in the new ones though so that probably helps me but either way, I am extrememly pleased with this product.

•  

eagle3

So far, only some light soiling. Can't believe how light they are on the hand. No sign of wear yet.

I have just cleaned the glove with leathercleaner/conditioner after 15 rounds and it is still not showing any wear, but is showing some signs of stretching out. Great, great glove.

•  

The PTL definitely stretches over time but they also have "instructions" on how to take off the glove to help lessen the effects. 

• 3195 points

I replace a glove when it becomes crusty, nasty and slick.  My last golf glove lasted me almost a year (playing 3-4 rounds a week).

If you are getting holes in your glove, you should be looking at how you grip the club because thats not normal.

•  

ALMOST A YEAR?!  How in the world did you pull that off?  Does this include only the playing glove and not a practice glove?  I generally go through gloves pretty quick... when they start changing color they are replaced, I can't stand a "dirty" glove. 

Please, enlighten me with your secret, I couldn't get a year out of a glove if I had to.

• 1232 points

i usually replace a glove when the leather starts to get worn,,  which could happen after a range session or a round but  i found that if the leather gets worn out then usuallly the next time i have a hole in my glove

•  

Depends on the seasons.  Warmer months I seem to got through them faster than when its colder.  Just with sweating & humidity  they seem to wear and get dirtier quicker.  I use white decade MC grips and I can't stand to use a dirty glove.  I usually have 2-3 in rotation and try to keep 2 back-ups in my bag. 

•  

Generally rotate 3 glove during a round. Changing out each hole. I find the PTL wears really well. I tend to keep my worn gloves for practice or for when it is raining.

•  

ABOUT 12-15 ROUNDS BUT I MUST ADMIT THAT IN THE SUMMER TIME DOWN HERE IN TEXAS I WEAR 3-4 PER ROUND( THEY GET SO WET)..

I WEAR 'EM TIL I GET A HOLE IN 'EM.

KINDA CHEAP.

•  

I usually rotate gloves and use one glove to practice on the range with.

Caddy13

•  

I USUSLLY HAVE 3 OR 4 GLOVES IN MY BAG  (FOOTJOY OF COURSE) AND I CHECK THE HEEL OF THE PALM FOR WEAR AND ALSO LOOK AT THE COLOR.  IF IT SHOWS WEAR OR A DARK COLOR FROM GRIPS, I REPLACE IT.  I ROTATE MINE TOO FOR EACH ROUND OR DURING A ROUND IF NECESSARY

•  

Just retired my PTL after over 40 rounds. Kept it in condition with leather cleaner. Will use it for range work, but it is getting a might loose and slippery to the touch. Great glove. Only switch out gloves in sweaty conditions and  am now keeping about 5 pairs of gloves in my bag so I can make the changes. Have weathersof, stasof and sofjoy on hand.

• 2989 points

WOW you guys are serious.... I play at least 4 rounds a week. from the begining of march till it gets too cool.. ( like 40 degrees)  ... i carry 2 gloves and just buy a new one when it wears out....  i practice and play in the same golf so after 3-4 days on the range and 4 days of golf... i probally go through 2-3 a month. so what is that like 20 something a year.  100% sure i spend more money on gloves a year than i do golf balls.

•  

I just replaced my one and only glove from last year.  Granted I only played about 4 rounds last year, but I did alot of practice.  I was at the range at least once a week and if I had a chance I would chip a few in my yard.

•  

every couple of weeks depending on how many rounds but, I do rotate them so they last a little longer..usually you can tell when its time to replace b/c the grip will become a little slippery