how long before you replace your glove?

how long before you replace your glove?

•  

Do you wait till it gets a hole, or do you switch it after a certain # of rounds? Interested to hear what peolpe do. I tend to wait until i get a hole before I replace, but always have new spares int he bag in case.

•  

I think this was covered in another thread but I change them about every 2 weeks or if they have discoloration, lose their grip or start to tear/wear down.  I have a couple new gloves in the bag at a time and toss the ones I replace into the bag to use during practice.

•  

I HAVE FOUND IF YOU ROTATE GLOVES KIND OF LIKE NOT WEARING THE SAME SHOE DAY AFTER DAY THEY WILL WEAR LONGER I ROTATE MINE DURING THE ROUND SOMETIMES I SWITCH GLOVES TO HOPEFULLY SWITCH MY LUCK

•  

I don't have a particular time period that I change gloves. It's usually when they get a hole. My gloves usually tear at the top of the thumb, around the nail area. 

•  

I look for some signs of wear before replacing for actual rounds of golf, I will keep the used gloves and use them for practice until they're worn to the point I toss them away.

•  

grumpy830

I don't have a particular time period that I change gloves. It's usually when they get a hole. My gloves usually tear at the top of the thumb, around the nail area. 

Me too, though my wear is usually on the edge of my palm

•  

I usually have several gloves in a rotation of sorts. When it's really hot & humid, I'll rotate 5 or 6 gloves in a round.

I have a few of those shower curtain rings hooked on my bag - the kind you get when you buy a golf towel, and I hang them on the outside of my bag to air out.

Don't laugh, but I also keep a small shaker of baby powder (the kind with corn startch) in my bag for when it's really humid. When I take of a sweaty glove, I'll close the velcro tab, shake some powder into the empty glove, then hold it closed at the top and shake it.

When I go to put that glove back on, it slides right on from the residual powder left in the glove. My hands sweat a lot!!! I end up with powder on my shorts from reaching in for a ball marker, tee or ball-mark tool.

Works for me!!!

•  

Like Kelly, I change when they discolor, loose their tackiness, or just plain begin to show signs of unusual wear. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. I am now using the PTL glove and I have answered this in another topic about PTL.

•  

i wait till they tear and my skin on my hand is touching the club

• 2941 points

Depends on the weather, but generally my gloves go 'stiff' (sweat ?) before they wear through so thats when I replace. I also try and rotate them through a round to avoid completely soaking them on a warm day.

•  

Depends on the time of year. 

When it's humid, I go thru many gloves. The rest of the year I change them on a case by case basis.

•  

I carry a plastic Tupperware sandwich container (no laughing) that holds 6 gloves plus a pair of rain gloves. This lets me rotate the 6 gloves duing the season. As the gloves get less tacky, I put a couple new ones in and take the older ones out for using during range time. It means I always have at least 6 gloves that have been used around 8-10 times max.

The sandwich container keeps them from getting wet if it rains and they also keep from drying out. I can also keep them flat and organized as I rotate them during each round, since sometimes I'll wear a couple gloves per during humid days.

•  

Tar Heel

I carry a plastic Tupperware sandwich container (no laughing) that holds 6 gloves plus a pair of rain gloves. This lets me rotate the 6 gloves duing the season. As the gloves get less tacky, I put a couple new ones in and take the older ones out for using during range time. It means I always have at least 6 gloves that have been used around 8-10 times max.

The sandwich container keeps them from getting wet if it rains and they also keep from drying out. I can also keep them flat and organized as I rotate them during each round, since sometimes I'll wear a couple gloves per during humid days.

I use a ziplock bag, one size up from sandwich size, to keep them dry in case of rain. Nothing worse than playing in the rain, reaching into the glove pocket of my golf bag and finding my spare gloves are wet - no bag is waterproof, especially along the zippers.

•  

eagle3

Like Kelly, I change when they discolor, loose their tackiness, or just plain begin to show signs of unusual wear. It all depends on what you are comfortable with. I am now using the PTL glove and I have answered this in another topic about PTL.

While I may have replied to this with the above, I am now using the PTL and if they continue to wear like they are at present, changing gloves as frequently as I have will no longer be necessary. The PTL is really unusual in that so far, after 7 rounds, no wear is showing. The cost is well worth it and I will continue to update how the glove is wearing. I'll use only the one glove and let everyone know what happens.

•  

So far, only some light soiling. Can't believe how light they are on the hand. No sign of wear yet.