It's sweat season

It's sweat season

•  

90* and 90% humidity will wreak havoc on the gloves.  I generally switch them out after 9 holes on days like this, but I'm interested to see what you guys and gals do.  

There's nothing worse than a slick glove.  Do you use a different type, switch after a couple of holes, or just wring them out and keep swinging?  How do you deal with sweat season?

•  
    I use a PTL, take it off between shots and find it stays pretty dry for the entire round.
  •  

On hot and humid days I will generally rotate 2 gloves every other hole.

•  
    That's why I ditched the leather..
    • 5190 points

I'm tempted to play with RainSof gloves on hot humid days. Wet and wring them out every other hole. You would be able to hang on with your nondominant hand.

101 here today w 37% humidity. You can't drink enough fluids on days like today.

•  

MarkWDallasTx
    I'm tempted to play with RainSof gloves on hot humid days. Wet and wring them out every other hole. You would be able to hang on with your nondominant hand.

101 here today w 37% humidity. You can't drink enough fluids on days like today.

Try 93* with 92% humidity.......and big guys sweat, not perspire.....and it rained a lot today and we expect more of the same heat and humidity tomorrow, so with the moisture in the ground....it should be a fun day......NOT......lots of cold water bottles, wet cold rags, thick towels, and WeatherSof gloves......that should do it.....maybe a fan on the cart as well......wear a glove, hang it on the cart, let it dry, do the rotations thing....cheers....  :-)

•  

Its even humid here in the SoCal desert! Wearing sunscreen and taking 4 gloves....

• 1750 points

Ya I will swap for a dryer glove in the bag when it gets really hot out.  I rotate gloves pretty regularly and keep them in their packages in my bag so I keep them pretty fresh.  Really hard to tell how long it takes me to wear out a glove though since I am constantly rotating them and my hands don't get that sweaty either.  

•  

As I've said on other threads, in the past I have rotated two or three StaSofs during a round.  I began by wearing one for three holes, then changing to the next:  three per nine.  Then I began switching out two gloves, wearing each for only one hole, then switching to the other.  Since I bought the StaCool glove, I have been able to wear only a single glove for the entire round.  No soaking wet glove, even when the fingertips get damp, they dry out almost immediately.  If you guys with hot, humid conditions have not tried them, I strongly suggest that you do so.

•  

Josh, since mid-May, I've been using ONE StaCool glove, washing it with my socks every couple of rounds and it's been awesome. This weekend, I rotated in a second StaCool because it's really become hot and was sweating so much the first one got too soaked..

•  

I'm gonna have to pick up a StaCool glove.  I usually switch out StaSof gloves after 9, but I've been playing a lot recently, and the gloves almost never dry out.  The wet glove is almost as nasty as gloves and skates during hockey tournaments... almost.

•  

Heat advisory in Charleston today......over 100........no walking for me....lot's and lot's of water.......pulled out the rain glove.....had a slight breeze off the ocean this morning that helped a little, but this afternoon, I am staying in the house......they are telling people "do not walk barefooted on the roads or sidewalks"......I imagine the sand along the ocean is rough.........

•  

I may have to try those StaCool gloves, but I've been using FootJoy GTxtreme Golf Gloves.  They're a bit thicker than how I'd like them, but they have stayed dry and so durable for all this time.

It wouldn't matter what type of heat... I just sweat "a lot" when the weather is hot.  On the golf course, the moisture rising from the ground during constant days of over 100 degrees is a steam bath... a breeze will help.

Anyway, not only that the FootJoy GTxtreme Golf Gloves stays dry and durable, the fit stays snug and almost like brand new each day.

•  

noeldaof, I think you'll like the StaCool.  Mine feel brand new even after multiple uses.  I haven't yet run into the issue Freddy did with his, but maybe I just don't sweat as much as he does.

•  

The back of my hands sweat a lot which inundates gloves. The StaCool has been awesome; however, glove #1 finally died yesterday. The palm was still good but, the fabric near the seam down the length of my thumb ripped. It was worn out after 50+ rounds. That's not bad.