Glove last longer

Glove last longer

• 509 points

Does anyone know which glove lasts the longest. I go through gloves to quickly and I don't want to keep buying a glove every two weeks!

•  

All of our gloves are built to last, however I can say that the Gtxtreme is likely our most durable glove.  Pair that with some lighter grip pressure and you will be all set!

•  

2 weeks! I would love to get 2 weeks from a glove!

•  

Jtbostick
    Does anyone know which glove lasts the longest. I go through gloves to quickly and I don't want to keep buying a glove every two weeks!

Hey TB, welcome to the community....glad you are finally on board as an active part of the FJC....make sure that that glove fits properly......this is the young man in our proshop that introduced me to the FJC last year.......chuck

• 4315 points

Welcome to the FJC!

Listen to Devin and Chuck and their great information (glove size is IMPORTANT).  Keep in mind that with a little work with you can extend its life a bit.  Search around here for tips on keeping your gloves in tip top shape.

•  

I agree the Gtxtreme lasts the longest.  I also have a lot of success with the Sta-Sof...if one takes care of them they last a long time!  I have two black Sta-Sof gloves that lasted all last year and are part of my range rotation of gloves!  That is one small point you may wish to consider, like your golf shoes, golf gloves should be rotated so they have time to recover after use.  Just my opinion! Good Luck!!

• 5044 points

I would love to be able to play enough golf, and wear out a glove in 2 weeks.

•  

19hole

They meant golfing Rick. You're currently using yours as snow shoveling gloves, and the extra wear is killing the gloves!

•  

As did I Randy...

Let's do some math on this one. According to Maria B @ FJ, the average glove life is between 5-7 rounds. On the surface this seems be be a very short life. But if the "average" played shots 85, and 30 of those shots are putts, that leaves us with 55 full shots per round. If the player then takes 2 rehearsal swings for every shot, that is another 110 swings. Add to this the 30-50 balls that are hit before the round and maybe half that number of rehearsal swings on the practice tee, you end up with around 240 swings with your glove on per round. Take this times 7 rounds and you are up to 1680 full swings with you glove. This is quite a bit of play for one poor little glove. Also consider that most of us do not take care to put our gloves back in the container, we just roll them up and stuff them in our bags, which also shortens the life of the glove.

For those of us that play or practice every day during the season. this turns into a lot of gloves. I personally play the PTL and can get pretty much 8-10 rounds out of one, including per round warmup. I use "almost spent" gloves for dedicated range session days.

If in the two weeks that people are wearing out thier gloves they only play 4 rounds of golf and do not spend time on the practice tee, I would say that they need to looks at a few things:

1) Is the grip pressure to high?

2) Full cord grips?

3) Does the glove fit properly? I would bet this is the most common cause, most people do not wear the right size glove. Just ask the guys ay FJ!

•  

Wow Rick! Leave it to our resident PhD to apply all the mathematic data to the question.

You also brought out a good point.... use an older worn glove for practice rounds. I know many people who only have a couple gloves and, much like with their grips, use them well beyond their usable life. I currently have 10 gloves in my bag, and like my footwear, never use a glove for 2 rounds in a row. I rotate them so they have time to dry naturally. If I play in a humid environment, I may use 2-3 gloves in the round, and always let them dry before gaming them again.

The worn ones then go to the "practice pile" I have. So using your math, the ones I currently have will get me about 100 plus rounds this year. Yippee!

• 509 points

Thanks guys ill use tees tips in the future!

•  

Jtbostick
    Thanks guys ill use tees tips in the future!

Well!!!!!  How does it fit now......

• 2507 points

ChuckZ

Jtbostick

Hey TB, welcome to the community....glad you are finally on board as an active part of the FJC....make sure that that glove fits properly......this is the young man in our proshop that introduced me to the FJC last year.......chuck

Wow chuck after you mentioned that this was the person that introduced you to the community last year I looked and saw you joined in July of 2013 and you are already a FJ Ambassador -- That is super impressive.  Less than 9 months.  and only buying one pair of MYJOYS - Great work, Chuck.  
  •  

19hole

Pure ball striker like yourself Rick...you must tear through those gloves...

•  

19hole
    As did I Randy...

Let's do some math on this one. According to Maria B @ FJ, the average glove life is between 5-7 rounds. On the surface this seems be be a very short life. But if the "average" played shots 85, and 30 of those shots are putts, that leaves us with 55 full shots per round. If the player then takes 2 rehearsal swings for every shot, that is another 110 swings. Add to this the 30-50 balls that are hit before the round and maybe half that number of rehearsal swings on the practice tee, you end up with around 240 swings with your glove on per round. Take this times 7 rounds and you are up to 1680 full swings with you glove. This is quite a bit of play for one poor little glove. Also consider that most of us do not take care to put our gloves back in the container, we just roll them up and stuff them in our bags, which also shortens the life of the glove.

For those of us that play or practice every day during the season. this turns into a lot of gloves. I personally play the PTL and can get pretty much 8-10 rounds out of one, including per round warmup. I use "almost spent" gloves for dedicated range session days.

If in the two weeks that people are wearing out thier gloves they only play 4 rounds of golf and do not spend time on the practice tee, I would say that they need to looks at a few things:

1) Is the grip pressure to high?

2) Full cord grips?

3) Does the glove fit properly? I would bet this is the most common cause, most people do not wear the right size glove. Just ask the guys ay FJ!

My head is spinning Rick...way too many numbers to be reading at 11:30pm at night...thanks for the info though....I've never put that much thought into the life of a glove...I do however keep my older ones for practice which I think is a fantastic idea!!!