FJ needs an improvement.

FJ needs an improvement.

• 5 points

I have been wearing FJ Weathersoft medium large regular glove for more than 20 years.  Nowardays, the thumb of the glove is twisted a lot. Even the seam line comes to the bottom of the thumb. It bothers the grip. Unless you improve this problem, I have to choose other gloves.  I show the photo of my FJ weathersoft glove (left)  and other brand glove (right) for comparison. You can notice that the thumb of the FJ glove is twisted and the seam line is placed at the bottom of the thumb.  I think your cutting needs to be improved.

•  

welcome to the site -  A little more information would help us with your experience.  What glove are you wearing?  What size?

Post a photo so we can take a look at your problem.

•  

shower
    The thumb of the glove is twisted a lot. Even the seam line comes to the bottom of the thumb. It bothers the grip. Unless you improve this problem, I have to choose other gloves.

If you are experiencing this problem chances are the glove is too big on your hand. Most golfers, probably 8 out of 10, wear a glove that is way to big for their hand.  I would explain how a glove should fit but this video does a much better job.  

Also which model are you referring to? Is it one of our latest iterations of FJ gloves?

• 1362 points

Hi shower, I'm not sure this is a problem with FJ gloves as much as it is a by-product of the material and how the thumb behaves during the grip and the swing. I've noticed this on all golf gloves from the very cheap to the highest quality and any brand.

•  

Welcome to the community.  I have worn FJ gloves since I started playing golf in 1984 and I have never had this problem.  I always ensure that my gloves fit snugly and that the length is correct.  FJ gloves are the only gloves that I will purchase or would recommend.  Devin's video should help you a lot in getting the correct glove.  Don't give up on the best.......

• 2787 points

Devin,thanks for the video. It's time to replace my StaSofts so the info will help.

•  

I've noticed this also happens as the glove becomes worn but the correct size is critical. My wife found the video very helpful, too.

•  

I recall getting "fitted" many years ago for a glove by my PGA professional when I lived in Chicago. He noticed the closure on the back was wrapped way over, and only a small fraction was connected.

He put me in a glove that felt like it was going to cut the circulation off to my fingers. But once I got used to the feeling, I found that the proper, snug fit really made a difference.

Shower, make sure you have the proper size. Once you do, the seems and the closures will all line up properly and you'll have the right glove for you. It may seem snug at first, but it will stretch out and it will feel better over time.

Play on

•  

Tyler and Zach Johnson have a similar problem when it comes to gloves... :-)  Sorry couldn't resist

•  

Shower, I have sent you a personal message with a solution,

All the best,

DG

• 47 points

I believe that if you play a lot the gloves last about a week and if its hot and you like to hit range before you play they won't last that long. I wish that they would last longer but if it changed the feel of the Sciflex I would decline changing it... I love the way it feels but do wish it would last longer.

•  

The standard of measurement for how long a glove should last is about 5 rounds of Golf.  This includes range warmup before each round.  I know it does not sound like much but for every shot you hit I bet you take at least 1 or 2 rehearsal swings.  They all add up and 5 rounds is actually more like 15! All of this assumes that your globe is properly fitted,  you grip is sound and your grips are fairly clean.

•  

shower
    I have been wearing FJ Weathersoft medium large regular glove for more than 20 years.  Nowardays, the thumb of the glove is twisted a lot. Even the seam line comes to the bottom of the thumb. It bothers the grip. Unless you improve this problem, I have to choose other gloves.  I show the photo of my FJ weathersoft glove (left)  and other brand glove (right) for comparison. You can notice that the thumb of the FJ glove is twisted and the seam line is placed at the bottom of the thumb.  I think your cutting needs to be improved.

Looking at these gloves,  I see a player that holds the butt of the club so that it is in the meat of the hand.  While this works,  it does lead to shorter glove life.  This is made worse if you use cord grips.

•  

Shower, Sorry to say you wore those gloves way past their life time.  When you start wearing holes in the glove it is time to change, also with that much wear I would bet they are stretched way out of shape. Treat yourself to a couple new ones and alternate them, letting them dry out after each use.

•  

TheNorseForce
    I believe that if you play a lot the gloves last about a week and if its hot and you like to hit range before you play they won't last that long. I wish that they would last longer but if it changed the feel of the Sciflex I would decline changing it... I love the way it feels but do wish it would last longer.

I have not found this to be the case.  I wear FJ gloves primarily, Titleist gloves when the shop doesn't have FJ StaSofs, and occasionally, a glove from the mail order company that Hale Irwin formerly endorsed.  I rotate my gloves frequently and during warm (hot, humid) weather change gloves at least every three holes, and recently, every hole.  That means I wear two to three gloves per round.  Those gloves last well past the five rounds that 19hole says is the standard of measurement, but I find they still provide me the grip I require.  I do go through a lot of gloves a year, playing as much as I do and in the hot, humid conditions normal to Houston.  I have never experienced the problem that you illustrate, however.  As the others say, get the right size glove--that will help tremendously.  And I would recommend you get a professional to check your grip; that will address the two heavy wear points.