Play vs Practice

Play vs Practice

• 1362 points

I use PTLs for my rounds but have bought a pair of StaSofs to practice with. I find that the StaSofs don't wear anywhere near as fast the PTLs but feel really great for range time. Does anyone else have 2 different gloves?

•  

I use the same glove on the practice range as do in my normal rounds and my tournament rounds.  Why practice in something that you not going to play in?  Gloves do fit differently, and it may be in my mind, but I want the same glove on my hand each time I hit the ball.  Feel and grip pressure is everything in golf.......cz  : )  

•  

.... Just stop wearing a glove!

• 1362 points

I usually like to take my time at the range going through my routine and playing holes in my head and end up spending quite a lot of time there. I keep my glove on for usually all of that time only taking it off during breaks or changing gloves. I'm pretty sure I would go through at least 2 gloves a range session if I used the PTLs. On the course I like to take the glove off whilst I walk between shots and putting it on is usually the trigger to begin the preshot routine. I love the feel of a fresh glove so taking it off between *** means I don't sweat in it. For touch shots I don't wear a glove.

• 1735 points

I have some Stay Softs, a couple of Sci Flex and one PureTouch that I switch in and out for both play and practice.  Never hurts to have a good selection of quality gloves.  

•  

I agree with ChuckZ. I use StaSofs regardless. I have a couple of older worn gloves that I practice in. I am not sure that it would really make a difference in my game...but I am tyring to make everything as consistent as I can.

•  

No,  I use the PTL all the time.  I seem to get great wear out of them,  much better than a StaSoft or Titleist players.

•  

I also use one type = StaSof.

After the good life of StaSof gloves, it remains to have pretty good fit in general- lesser, but still good.  At that time, I would put them in a baggie for practice.

•  

Well Rick, you are a Pro and know how to work a glove!

•  

TNT009

I can not endorse this!

The other day I was hitting 4 irons without a glove in our simulator, I averaged 200 to 204 distanceY ) ***not good for me), with a pretty wild dispersion.

Put a glove on and it turned that crooked 200 into a consistently drawing 213-215.  If you are not connected to the ground or to the club you will not play your best golf!

•  

Devin_Gmitter

TNT009

I can not endorse this!

The other day I was hitting 4 irons without a glove in our simulator, I averaged 200 to 204 distanceY ) ***not good for me), with a pretty wild dispersion.

Put a glove on and it turned that crooked 200 into a consistently drawing 213-215.  If you are not connected to the ground or to the club you will not play your best golf!

Captain Devo, make sure you bring your gloves next week. We're expecting the 215 yard 4 iron from you. :-)

•  

Makes perfect sense, Devin. You are sneaky long and don't forget the added distance from the skinny jeans.

• 1686 points

I use my older and more used gloves for range work and play with the new stuff... I hate when my PTL wear though

•  

215 yards is a wedge?!

• 3551 points

Being a Lefty I don't have the luxury of using the PTL's so, I typically stay with the StaSofs for both play and practice.