Glove Wear

Glove Wear

• 1362 points

Where does everyone get the most glove wear? I get most wearing just under the thumb and the underside of my palm.

• 3506 points

Depending on one's grip, it depends on where you get wear. By gripping the club in the base of your fingers will help alleviate wear in the palm area (which comes in most contact with the thick, butt-end of the grip). Check out FootJoy's Facebook page on glove fitting!

• 5868 points

L Hand Thumb pad. I am told I grip the club to firmly.

•  

No where........ I don't wear one!

• 1720 points

I have considerable wear signs on the thumb pad, but I know I grip the club too tight in that area.  A hard habit to fix in my middle age.  

•  

Typically, the heel pad and thumb are where the wear occurs - probably due to all of the mishits I make. The grips one uses makes a difference too...the Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips keep my wear to a minimum. Cord grips tear my gloves up in a hurry.

•  

fredcloss
    Typically, the heel pad and thumb are where the wear occurs - probably due to all of the mishits I make. The grips one uses makes a difference too...the Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips keep my wear to a minimum. Cord grips tear my gloves up in a hurry.

As a guy that plays cord, I am all to familiar with the pounding a glove takes from them.  The new BCT cord Golf Pride developed is a little bit softer then the older cords.  The old V55 Cord with a rib could was practically a shredder, loved that grip!

•  

Bottom of the palm where the butt-end of grip rests.

Also since I've changed from overlap to interlock:

Bottom of the palm where the butt-end of grip rests.

Top side (facing thumb) of the index.

•  

The V55 was a great grip, but could flat out eat gloves. I tried to play "gloveless" with the V55 for a while but It made my hands rougher than sandpaper and still would slip a bit in summer, due to sweat. The SciFlex glove, Tour Wrap grips and Grrrip Plus lotion have almost eliminated any slippage, except the excessive mis-hits.

• 244 points

For me it's the palm area right below the little finger, closest to the butt end of the grip. That side hurts quickly when I practice without a glove.

• 1680 points

Thumb and palm for me just like the OP

•  

Am a multi compound Golf Pride grip person myself.......guess the palm area shows the most wear....but normally don't wear them out from use, wear out from age..........do have strong grip....but not tight grip......WeatherSofs in the summer and SofJoys when the humidity goes away......