Rain

Rain

• 1466 points

As I sit here and it is pouring outside I was wondering what all of you use in the rain. I like to wear a rain glove on my left hand in light rain and in the heavy stuff wear them on both hands but know some people who like to trust their grips and wear no gloves. Thoughts?

• 5586 points

I wear my rain gloves on the both hands. I tried only wearing the left, but I found myself gripping to hard with my right hand.

•  

It doesn't rain here in SoCal.....

But we do need to carefully apply sunscreen! And removing that is key to having a good grip. Much more treacherous than rain...

•  

A lot more gloves than usual!

Have about 8 that are close to the edge of being discarded that go well when there is a bit of moisture about and obviously only use them for a few holes each.

• 2781 points

Like Mark I wear both my gloves on that rare occasion that I get caught in the rain.  I try and not play on those days just to be safe.

•  

Make a point to avoid playing in the rain but definitely need to add a pair of FJ Rain Gloves to my bag.....

• 3548 points

I typically wear a glove when playing (GTxtreme) but when it's really humid or if it's a light rain I play without one. In a heavier rain FJ rain gloves are great.  

• 3548 points

I typically wear a glove when playing (GTxtreme) but when it's really humid or if it's a light rain I play without one. In a heavier rain FJ rain gloves are great.  

• 4511 points

I wear my Sciflex (although I generally rotate).  I still only wear them on one hand and leave the other bare as with any other time.  I do my best to keep a few towels dry and use those to wipe off any grips as necessary.  I dont run into many issues even during the heavier rains.

•  

Strategy for "rain days":

Multiple gloves (GTXtreme)

Multiple towels

FJ DryJoys® Tour Collection rainsuit

FJ ICONs

or weather avoidance (if possible)

-ICONs for All

• 1466 points

thomas alston iii
    Strategy for "rain days":

Multiple gloves (GTXtreme)

Multiple towels

FJ DryJoys® Tour Collection rainsuit

FJ ICONs

or weather avoidance (if possible)

-ICONs for All

No rain gloves at all? What grips?

•  

I have, and wear, my FJ rain gloves (courtesy of last year's FJA Invitational) when it is necessary.  That means on chilly mornings (usually one hand only) or when it is actually raining and I must finish the round (tournament).  In the rain, I usually wear rain gloves on both hands once the rain gets to the medium stage.  Light rain or drizzle means I just keep my regular FJ glove as dry as possible.  As we proved in Rhode Island last September, with FJ gear you can play regardless of rain and stay dry and comfortable.

•  

Gzink96
    As I sit here and it is pouring outside I was wondering what all of you use in the rain. I like to wear a rain glove on my left hand in light rain and in the heavy stuff wear them on both hands but know some people who like to trust their grips and wear no gloves. Thoughts?

Great minds think alike. Rain glove on my left unless it's pouring. Then I'll rock two gloves.

• 2801 points

Rain Jacket,Dry Joys and one glove in light rain. I add rain pants in heavier rain. I change the glove as needed but only use the left hand glove.

•  

I go with the usual glove (PTL or StaSof) and then immediately go to the Rain Gloves once it starts (both hands).  The key is determining when the regular glove is too wet to play.  What I try and do is switch sooner than later and hang the PTL or StaSof under the umbrella to keep dry.  When the rain stops, I'll switch back.