SCIFLEX

SCIFLEX

•  

Anyone using the new SCIFLEX?

Looks like it is pretty identical to the old model but the "FOOTJOY" has been removed from the knuckles.

Anyone noticed anything else they would like to share.

•  

Aesthetically, you are correct the FootJoy has been removed, this allows the mesh over the knuckles to become more breathable.  Also, micro perforations have been added to the fingers and palms to further enhance the breathability.   To round out the changes, it also uses Taction 2 leather from Pittards.  This leather is designed to become tackier as temperatures rise and perspiration increases, it is also the same leather that is used in Stasof.

Best,

DG

•  

Interesting. I'll have to give it a try. Believe it or not, I still have some old stock of "ShockStoppers", which are great for heavy practice sessions!

•  

These are my favourite gloves but I didn't have the chance to try the new model. I still having several of "the old model" in personal stock.

•  

Devin_Gmitter
    Aesthetically, you are correct the FootJoy has been removed, this allows the mesh over the knuckles to become more breathable.  Also, micro perforations have been added to the fingers and palms to further enhance the breathability.   To round out the changes, it also uses Taction 2 leather from Pittards.  This leather is designed to become tackier as temperatures rise and perspiration increases, it is also the same leather that is used in Stasof.

Best,

DG

Always on your game Devin. Quick to respond and clarify w appropriate updates

•  

For those us that sweat (I do not perspire), the Sci Flex is a "God send" during summer heat. No glove can deal with sweat for the whole round, but rotating 3 to 4 gloves during a round, changing gloves every tee box, allows them to dry out. I've found the SciFlex dries out much faster, to where I can possibly rotate only 2 or 3 gloves in hot weather.

•  

Thanks Devin will be trying these out soon but must say I loved the previous model and hard to see how t coud be much better.

•  

Ive played with this glove for three rounds and love it so far!  The feel for me is spot on.

•  

well i say you took your good glove and made it better

•  

fredcloss
    For those us that sweat (I do not perspire), the Sci Flex is a "God send" during summer heat. No glove can deal with sweat for the whole round, but rotating 3 to 4 gloves during a round, changing gloves every tee box, allows them to dry out. I've found the SciFlex dries out much faster, to where I can possibly rotate only 2 or 3 gloves in hot weather.

i thought you dont sweat Freddy so why do you switch durring the round

•  

Wheelez3030
    fredclossFor those us that sweat (I do not perspire), the Sci Flex is a "God send" during summer heat. No glove can deal with sweat for the whole round, but rotating 3 to 4 gloves during a round, changing gloves every tee box, allows them to dry out. I've found the SciFlex dries out much faster, to where I can possibly rotate only 2 or 3 gloves in hot weather.

i thought you dont sweat Freddy so why do you switch durring the round

Because I do sweat through gloves in the heat. If I didn't, the club would slip out of my hands. I've even tried the Rain glove. Apparently, the oils in sweat render it useless too. So, I change gloves,  every hole or every shot in hot, humid conditions.

• 3627 points

My club doesn't carry the SciFlex...which is a bummer. I generally think they are great.

• 3500 points

PatCCraig
    My club doesn't carry the SciFlex...which is a bummer. I generally think they are great.

Worth the special order, Pat. Let 'er rip

•  

dzabkar
    PatCCraigMy club doesn't carry the SciFlex...which is a bummer. I generally think they are great.

Worth the special order, Pat. Let 'er rip

i agree with that other than the PTL it is the best glove FJ makes in my opinion

•  

Just got in 1 dozen SciFlex gloves I found on ebay. If you're shop doesn't carry them, ebay does as well as the online stores..