Forums

Footjoy RAIN gloves

•  

Everyone should have a pair in their bag.  You never now when you might get caught in a quick rain and they are the best at keeping the club from slipping away and ruining a good round.

•  

Don't forget that the FJ Rain Gloves are also a lifesaver in chilly weather.  Since you already have two, you don't have to go out and buy a right hand (left hand for your lefties) glove.  The Rain Gloves keep your hands nice and comfy and provide excellent grip, even when not wet.  There are folks down south who even wear them during the hot, humid months so they can keep that solid grip when their hands are dripping wet from perspiration.

• 2781 points

I agree. I keep a pair in the side pocket of my bag alongside my rain jacket.

•  

pulplvr
    Don't forget that the FJ Rain Gloves are also a lifesaver in chilly weather.  Since you already have two, you don't have to go out and buy a right hand (left hand for your lefties) glove.  The Rain Gloves keep your hands nice and comfy and provide excellent grip, even when not wet.  There are folks down south who even wear them during the hot, humid months so they can keep that solid grip when their hands are dripping wet from perspiration.

Good idea Ted! I'm going to try the SciFlex this summer, but on really hot, sweaty days, the Rain gloves may be excellent.

•  

Do you play with Tommy 2 Gloves?  There is actually one member I play with that has 2 as well.  His are old as dirt and I asked him what is the point of playing with stale crusty gloves.  His response was it brings him luck.  I have tried to convice him to spluge and buy and new pair for even better luck.

•  

BostonBuzza
    Do you play with Tommy 2 Gloves?  There is actually one member I play with that has 2 as well.  His are old as dirt and I asked him what is the point of playing with stale crusty gloves.  His response was it brings him luck.  I have tried to convice him to spluge and buy and new pair for even better luck.

oh he should. I can't think of a worst feel then old crusty worn out gloves, reminds me of little league baseball.

• 691 points

I love my FJ rain gloves, they have stood the test of time i have the same pair for like two years and they still grip the clubs wonderfully.  The hold their grip in the rain very well.  My best memory of playing with these gloves came from playing in the Jamaica at the White Witch Rosehall, when the outskirts of Hurricane Rena was thundering and pouring over our heads.  The brave caddies let us play on.

•  

fredcloss
    pulplvrDon't forget that the FJ Rain Gloves are also a lifesaver in chilly weather.  Since you already have two, you don't have to go out and buy a right hand (left hand for your lefties) glove.  The Rain Gloves keep your hands nice and comfy and provide excellent grip, even when not wet.  There are folks down south who even wear them during the hot, humid months so they can keep that solid grip when their hands are dripping wet from perspiration.

=================

Good idea Ted! I'm going to try the SciFlex this summer, but on really hot, sweaty days, the Rain gloves may be excellent.

Yes, Ted is correct, I've used it during cold weather and they work enough to keep the cold away.  But I should have known or thought about the idea of wearing them in hot humid weather-- I could have used it in Asia a week ago.

Thanks for the tips, Guys!

• 3506 points

Give the SciFlex a try as mentioned above in warmer months. Personal experience growing up in the Georgia summers playing golf, never had a great glove for those days. Several gloves / round, etc... SciFlex is one heck of a glove to try for those days

• 640 points

FJ Rain Gloves work well.  I have found that they perform best when they are damp.  When it is raining, I purposely saturate the gloves.  I have also used the left glove on the hot and humid days.  They even help when the weather is chilly.  When it's cold, I turn to FJ WinterSof gloves.  They are a bit thicker than RainGrips, but they work for the late season "last rounds" in MN.  FJ Cart Mitts are also in my bag.  FJ products allow golf to be played in almost all kinds of weather.  

• 370 points

Played 36 holes in my rain gloves and didn't mess a beat. My annual golf group up in Minnesota plays every spring and the majority of the guys have them. They coined the phrases. "wearing my D'Annunzio's" Pretty cool in my opinion.

• 544 points

I've had the bad luck of being caught in the rain several times this spring.  These FJ rain gloves are the best I've ever had.  

•  

Played yesterday in the rain.   These gloves are a MUST ADD to the bag.  Buying another pair for added insurance.  Leave it to FJ to also add a ball marker.  That was really usefull.  FJ does it again.

• 4922 points

I played with mine last week steady drizzle all morning. They were perfect.

I never thought of wearing them when it is hot down here. Always wiping the sweat off my hands before a shot. I usually rotate multiple gloves during a round.

• 1466 points

I will always have one on my left hand when its drizzling and throw on both when it really starts to pour