Forums

Footjoy Stasof or Titleist Players

• 514 points

Im trying to decide what glove to buy.  Ill  buy in a bulk of about 6 or so and would like to know everybody'ss honest opinion.  I think the Players feels slightly better but I have heard about some durability issues.  Thanks for your opinions

•  

It depends on what you like, but I have basically gone over to the StaSof for my game. It supplies me what I need in a glove and the price is fair.

•  

Used the FJ PTL lask weekend and very, very impressed.

It was simply OUTSTANDING and for me it's now PTL all the way.

If you can find a better glove out there please let me know.

OZ-Crocman

•  

I like the stasof better but then again I just get the cheapest of the two when I buy them

•  

I am a sta sof guy myself.  They just feel right. Been using them so long I can remember buying a box w a dozen of all different colors. You could coordinate your outfits with your glove.  Think you can only get white now.  Thought black was going to make a comeback but I don't think it will make it.

•  

Again, the real beauty of FJ is the variety and range.

Best way to determine your favourite is to have a go using some and going from there.

It's all about the feel and which feel you like best.

If one glove was so much better that the others the pros would all be wearing the same.

OZ-Crocman

•  

FJ PTL is more fitted and silky soft....Titleist Players is more a box cut with ultra thin material...I like both!

• 440 points

The Sci flex are fantastic, however I've played the Player for a while and I would agree they wear easily I can go maybe 10 rounds before replacing. Can go wrong with either

•  

My FJ gloves have always outlasted my Titleist gloves.    

Deno

•  

I converted from the Titleist players.  It was my glove of choice, but I'm in love with the Stasof.  It's been great.  They're very similar, but the FJ just fits my hands better.

•  

FJ Gloves for fit and durability. It was a simple choice once worn in comparison.

•  

I've got a couple of Players gloves, but they don't fit as snugly or as comfortably as the StaSofs, which is my preferred glove.  If you do go with the Titleist Players, be sure you don't get the Players Flex, as it does not seem to be the same quality leather.

• 5169 points

I agree that the Players glove has better feel, but at the price of durability.  Been using StaSof recently with no complaints - If they were equally priced, the StaSof is likely a slight favorite since it lasts a bit longer...

•  

Between the two I have chosen the Players, mostly due to color options.

• 2756 points

I've been a Players man myself until recently...just adopted the PureTouch.  Never going back.