Forums

Storing Gloves to keep soft and supple?

• 3852 points

Forget the original packaging! You do NOT properly store a glove in cardboard with a plastic window! As others have said, there is only one way to keep them supple>> put them into a plastic bag. Try not to allow any glove to be soaked through with sweat--change it when it becomes wet and loses some tackiness. Rotate at least two gloves. Some prefer to keep a glove for play only and rotate a couple of practice gloves.

•  

golfdoc1
    Forget the original packaging! You do NOT properly store a glove in cardboard with a plastic window! As others have said, there is only one way to keep them supple>> put them into a plastic bag. Try not to allow any glove to be soaked through with sweat--change it when it becomes wet and loses some tackiness. Rotate at least two gloves. Some prefer to keep a glove for play only and rotate a couple of practice gloves.

obviously you want to dry them and air them out after a round.  but according to FJ, keeping them in the packaging is fine.

having multiple gloves is great for keeping them fresh.

• 2397 points

Thanks everyone -- I have started using the original packaging for the new gloves I purchased and that works well.  Gloves do not dry out as much.  I play about 5 times a week and rotate my gloves.  

• 2397 points

Thanks everyone -- I have started using the original packaging for the new gloves I purchased and that works well.  Gloves do not dry out as much.  I play about 5 times a week and rotate my gloves.  

•  

I always put mine back in the original--or a replacement--packaging after play and keep them (I rotate up to four).  i've never had any difficulty with them being stiff or dry, and I don't have to fuss with zip-lock bags.

•  

2 choices here....

Put them into a zip lock bag is an awesome and cost effective way.

Buy a plastic (Tupperware-Rubbermaid) sandwich package. Those will hold between 5-7 gloves and keeps them dry and "fresh." I have used one for the past 7 years and they keep good gloves in perfect condition.

•  

Like Ted, I just use the package the glove came in. Never an issue.

• 244 points

I might give the baggie method a try. I just hang them on the metal loop on my bag. If it gets a bit crusty it usually softens up after warming up, and if it doesn't or otherwise feels subpar then the game day glove will be retired to practice glove. Normally I don't use more than 3-4 gloves per season, so that works well for me, I don't understand how some guys seem to go through them like crazy.

• 316 points

Zip lock bags have always worked wonders for me.  Just make sure all the air is out.

•  

Welcome aboard, Meathead 1551.  If you look through the threads and stay involved, you'll find some interesting individuals, some terrific discussions, and a lot of information about golf and FJ products.

• 688 points

I keep mine in the original packaging. Lay it flat and fold the thumb over like when it was new. I tried the baggies, but they'd end up in the bottom of the golf bag all "scrunched" up.

• 312 points

I keep mine in the original package after use. After reading this I'm going to start letting them air out for a bit prior to putting them back in the original package.