Forums

New Design

• 942 points

I have noticed playing courses where the fairways are like hard pan it is easy to bruse the knucles of the right hand. For us right handed golfers the right hand takes most of the impact from the fairway. It only makes sense this hand needs protection from the impact.

This is my solution and I tried it for the first time today.

I bought a right handed glove and cut out the thumb and index finger. This kept my index finger and thumb uncovered and allowed the feel I enjoy. I did not use a left handed glove like normal.. only the right handed glove. Try it and I think you will be suprised how it feels and the control of your grip is improved.. my opinion.

•  

I'll give it a try, but it sounds as though you may be experiencing some mild arthritis in that right hand. If that is your solution, that is great.

•  

Interesting idea. hope it works for ya :)

• 942 points

It may be mild arthristis.. thanks for that input. The arthristis, if I have that, could be from years of my right hand taking the impact of the turf. I know it gets worst when I play on hard pan fairways.

The other day when I tested my concept my knucles thanked me, and I hit the ball better. I was not recoiling as I made contact with the fairway. I did not miss having a glove on my left hand. However it may be that by removing the index finger, and thumb part of the glove, on both hands, it would be comfortable to have a glove on each hand. The protection need of both hands are the three finger below the index finger.

That is the science in me speaking.. not from experience.. yet.

Tee it Up

•  

ill try it if i can find a glove for like 2 or 3 bucks

• 942 points

Wheeler, when a current glove is worn out just cut out half the index finger and half the thumb. Then tuck in the access part of the finger and thumb into the glove area.., and it will give you the feel and concept I am speaking about without buying a new glove for the right hand to cut up.

This will save you a couple of bucks.

Cheers

•  

Interesting concept....Keep us posted on how it continues support your game.