Forums

Changing gloves

• 364 points

Do you think changing type of gloves could affect de performance and the feeling from a round to another ?

•  

It might if the older glove is worn or wet. It may also affect things if the glove you are currently using is thicker, as in the case of a WeatherSof versus a PTL. The PTL offering a better feel thatn the WS

•  

If it affects how the club feels in your hands, I'd have to say yes. Many years ago, I read Arnie could feel the difference in weight between two gloves of the same model and was proven right with a scale.

• 942 points

I like to keep the same type of glove.. much like all the equipment, including shoes. I do like to change to a fresh glove about every two holes.

It would be nice to have something like a glover to protect the opposite hand. Example my three fingers from the little pinky up have brused knuckles from hitting off "hard pan" fairways. I have started protecting them with tape, but I feel, at some point, the companies will design a three fingered glove to supported the off hand.

I have thought of getting a right handed glove and cutting away all the glove except for what protects those fingers/knuckles.

Short answer I keep to the same glove, brand, and weight.

•  

meunier

Do you think changing type of gloves could affect de performance and the feeling from a round to another ?

There is a difference between glove models and often between the same model. Each factor of the glove (leather, stitching, material, etc.) has an effect upon how your hand responds to the sensory information gathered while incased within the glove. Each time that sensory information is different, your hand will react accordingly and thus will affect performance (IMHO).

-ICONs for ALL

•  

I stick with the same type of glove. Rarely will I switch to another type in a round.  Either PTL or Sciflex.   One is a bunch easier to find than the other.

TT

•  

Not really. If you are super sensitive you might notice. I notice when I change brands or styles but I never do that during the round, only after.

•  

I think it does because a new glove isnt formed to your hand as well as the glove that you used for a week... i also dont like the feel of the WS gloves i like the feel of a full leather glove but that is just me

•  

meunier

I never change type..but will change gloves especially when it really humid...I rotated 3 gloves during my round yesterday for example...

Your glove needs to be dry to keep a good grip.