Forums

Tour players and gloves

•  

There is a special sensation that develops between the hands and the brain during the swinging motion and a new glove provides that immediate sense of "security" that is lost over the continued use if a glove (IMHO). That "security" allows for less tension and lighter grip pressure.

Change gloves  and wipe/clean your grips often.

-ICONs for ALL

• 3627 points

If I wasn't paying for gloves out of pocket, I think I'd change one every day, so it's hard to put down tour players for doing so. But since I am I usually let them go a little longer :) 

My question would be, what do the tour players do with their gloves after one round? A kid in the stands? The trash?

• 514 points

Because FJ and Titleist supply unlimited gloves and who doesn't love the feel of a new Players glove????

•  

Devin, how is it that Harris English is using the Pure Touch Limited if he is not in the World Top 50?

•  

Good question - I would have to check in with out tour reps.  He was testing it earlier in the season at Innisbrook and I guess he pestered our guys till he got it!

•  

Id wear a new glove every day... If I wore a glove! My gloves from the FJAI are still in package, except for the rain gloves!

• 1466 points

If I got gloves for free I would wear a new one every hole, just toss it to the fans

• 1466 points

golferdrmjr
    Devin, how is it that Harris English is using the Pure Touch Limited if he is not in the World Top 50?

Do you have to be in the World top 50 as a pro to use the PTL?

•  

That was the original plan for the glove but it seems to have crept outside of that range, more then likely upset tour players.

• 1466 points

Devin_Gmitter
    That was the original plan for the glove but it seems to have crept outside of that range, more then likely upset tour players.

Find it interesting that I can use a glove that Pros can't!

• 1466 points

What was the original goal of only allowing the top 50 to use it? Exlusivity?

•  

Oh no ... heaven forbid that they only get to use SofJoy of Sciflex.

But seriously the more pros wearing PTL the more they are exposed to the average joe.

•  

Gzink96
    What was the original goal of only allowing the top 50 to use it? Exlusivity?

Yes, exclusivity and we do not make many of them, limited is in the name for a reason!

• 3500 points

Gzink96
    Devin_GmitterThat was the original plan for the glove but it seems to have crept outside of that range, more then likely upset tour players.  Find it interesting that I can use a glove that Pros can't!

Pros could if they wanted to buy them like you and I!

•  

What if a player is in the top 50 for a while, becomes accustomed the PTL glove, but falls out of the top 50. Is that player still allowed to use it?