Forums

Putting or not with glove?

•  

That was happened to me and the reason I changed. More than a story is a reallity.  

•  

shaun13

I putt and chip without a glove. Just feel like I have more control.

There you go!  If it's less than a 1/2 swing the glove comes off.

•  

I putt without a glove.  I don't take it off until I'm dancing though.  I always wear my glove when chipping/pitching.  From the sounds of it most don't do this.  Might have to try it without now!  

•  

You're not alone Justin - you are probably in the majority. Watch the pros and most chip and pitch with a glove on. Putting, I don't know but I putt with glove off and everything else is glove on.

•  

I take the glove off when I put, but mostly because of trying to avoid the tan line of a pale white hand.  I have noticed that when I put w/out a glove it feels better and I tend to put better.

•  

When I use a glove, it comes off during all short game shots!

•  

putt without gloves......... you get more feel with your putter whitch will make you putt better

•  

Justinu3

I putt without a glove.  I don't take it off until I'm dancing though.  I always wear my glove when chipping/pitching.  From the sounds of it most don't do this.  Might have to try it without now!  

I'm with you Justin, the glove comes off as I step onto the green, prior to that the glove is always on. I may be tempted to have a chip without a glove and see whether I like it or get more feel.

• 811 points

No glove when chipping, pitching or putting definitely adds feel.  I do where a glove when playing out of green side bunkers.

•  

When I first started I never took the glove off, but thanks to a similar thread about a year ago, I decided to take it off.  I did notice a difference in the feel and an improvement in my putting.

Now, I am looking forward to trying to chip and pitch without it to see if that is going to make a difference.  As I never take off the glove until I hit the green.

•  

Pablo, experimenting is how you learn to play golf. I expect you'll find chipping and pitching without a glove creates a little slippage, especially when playing pitch shots. However, many great players do not use a glove anywhere near the green.

• 3506 points

TNT009

When I use a glove, it comes off during all short game shots!

Same for me here. 100yds and in gloveless for optimum feel. Not that it helps my disaster of a short-game.

Never ever glove when putting though. Can't do it mentally or physically.

•  

Gotta go gloveless.  If I'm inside 80 yards my glove is in my back pocket

•  
    Pitches, chips, and putts, the glove comes off
    • 2661 points

Glove off on greens. Everything else just used to having it on.