Forums

Changing of the Gloves....

•  

Alex et all.

I am very much like all of you in that I use a glove about 10 times before I consider it "used up." Then I use some of them for practice and the range.

But rather than throw them away, please consider donating them to your local FirstTee program. The kids in many communities will be very appreciative, and it's as close to re-cycling as you can get.

• 811 points

I rotate through a few gloves per round.  It really helps lengthen the lifespan of the gloves especially in the summer when my hand is sweating a lot.  Donating to the first tee program is a great idea Tar Heel.  

• 3506 points

I like to play gloves until they're beat to heck unless I have ample backups in stock. But, It's all feel! If I like a glove I will play it until I can't anymore. If for some reason its got no love for me, I'll pitch it. All gloves end up in the trash, I'm not hording those smelly things

•  

dzabkar

I like to play gloves until they're beat to heck unless I have ample backups in stock. But, It's all feel! If I like a glove I will play it until I can't anymore. If for some reason its got no love for me, I'll pitch it. All gloves end up in the trash, I'm not hording those smelly things

I do pretty much the same thing...even if I have an ample stock of them.  During the summer I tend to use two gloves per round....rotating them every so often (every 6 to 9 holes depending on the day); when it's not as hot I can get away with just one per round.  

• 2661 points

I really like the idea of donating them to First tee. I will have to look into that 

• 3506 points

GTJacket8

dzabkar

I do pretty much the same thing...even if I have an ample stock of them.  During the summer I tend to use two gloves per round....rotating them every so often (every 6 to 9 holes depending on the day); when it's not as hot I can get away with just one per round.  

Especially when you're in the South, 2 gloves / round atleast if you sweat like my fat self can. I'm hoping to burn through a few gloves this summer due to the fact I'll be playing enough unlike the 5-7 rounds last summer. Being the new guy at work in a new part of the country didn't help there.

•  

dzabkar

GTJacket8

dzabkar

Especially when you're in the South, 2 gloves / round atleast if you sweat like my fat self can. I'm hoping to burn through a few gloves this summer due to the fact I'll be playing enough unlike the 5-7 rounds last summer. Being the new guy at work in a new part of the country didn't help there.

In these conditions would be great to have available the gloves FJ TropiCool.

•  
    GTJacket8

dzabkar

I do the same thing because I don't want to spend $14 a week for a new pair like I will stock at the local golf show or dicks and buy 4-6 gloves when they have gloves on sale for like 5 bucks a glove but the most I'll pay for a glove is 9 bucks
  •  

Tyler Higley

I generally rotate between 2 or 3 gloves during play. Once they are no longer suitable for play they become range gloves. I also use the range gloves if I playing in the rain, this was I am not trashing new gloves. At the end of life they end up in the trash. I would gues that I have about a 8 gloves in the bag. The 2 or 3 that are in rotation, 1 new glove, and a handful of range gloves.

This is similar to my glove rotation..Use (4-5) rounds, Use on Range, then trash. I keep 1 used and 2 new gloves in the bag. If the weather is (suspect for rain) I put the weather gloves in the bag.

- ICONs for ALL

•  

Tar Heel

Alex et all.

I am very much like all of you in that I use a glove about 10 times before I consider it "used up." Then I use some of them for practice and the range.

But rather than throw them away, please consider donating them to your local FirstTee program. The kids in many communities will be very appreciative, and it's as close to re-cycling as you can get.

Randy, Meant to comment on this Great idea before now !  First Tee is coming to SBGC so will start a donation box there ...A new type of community re-cycling in the making ......

•  

Zombi

I really like the idea of donating them to First tee. I will have to look into that 

This is a fantastic idea....

Thanks for sharing.

-ICONs for ALL

•  

golferdrmjr

Well ggg, when my gloves don't look that pretty any more, I use them at the range for a while. Then when they are used up, they go in the trash. I don't save them for a Shrine, because then you are just a hoarder. :)  Seriously, have you seen the guys with gloves on that look like they should have been thrown away 2 years ago. Come on guys, new gloves are not that expensive.

The only guy that should be making a Shrine with his old gloves is 19hole. He goes through dozens of PTL gloves a year. You could make a cool Shrine with those.:)

golferdrm and ggg; yes, I do the same, after a few rounds, I practice with it.  Then, I've got to part with them. 

There were times when I empty my bag a glove or two would surface. . . I would unfold them and hear the crunch-crack-crunch.. ha ha. . .

• 3627 points

49* is cold? Not in Minnesota!

Worn gloves get used at the range. But I generally buy 2 at a time and alternate in order to get more life out of them.