Forums

Changing of the Gloves....

•  

With temperature @ 49 this mornng put away my StaCools, pulled out my WinterSofs but opted for my StaSofs instead...49 isn't that cold yet !

BTW - What do all you golfers do with your worn out golfs? Toss, Wash, Shrine ?

•  

Well ggg, when my gloves don't look that pretty any more, I use them at the range for a while. Then when they are used up, they go in the trash. I don't save them for a Shrine, because then you are just a hoarder. :)  Seriously, have you seen the guys with gloves on that look like they should have been thrown away 2 years ago. Come on guys, new gloves are not that expensive.

The only guy that should be making a Shrine with his old gloves is 19hole. He goes through dozens of PTL gloves a year. You could make a cool Shrine with those.:)

•  

Old gloves are used until they are no longer usable. They, the old gloves,  go in the bag for the range use. I put a little mink oil on the old ones for better grip, but they usually last about 3-4 trips to the range and then goodbye. As to the weather, I've been out 8 times so far and I don't go out after the temps stay below 45 deg. like they were today and have been lately. I don't care how many layers you have on, especially when the temps are in the 50s and the wind is blowing over 10 MPH. I'm too old to go and get sick over this game I love so well.

•  

When they start to get worn, I retire then to range use only and break out a brand new glove for play.  Once they are too worn, I just throw them away.

•  

Alex, I tend to keep my used gloves for a while.  There are some in each of the bags I have with different sets of clubs, so I don't have to transfer gloves if I change sets.  I will use some for range work or winter rounds.  Then, they just go in the trash--usually because they have worn through somewhere or are just too stiff to do anything more with.  Ted

• 3467 points

i just use mine until they start to wear out or they start breaking down and get crispy when they sit in the bag after a round, then i throw them away, i use the same glove for range practice and play. 

• 1192 points

Same here, I try to save the worn out ones for the range and then throw away. Always try to look presentable on the course!

•  

I usually throw them away, or lone them to people on my golf team who need gloves because they can't find theirs right before we start a match. :p Other than that, I'll throw them away because I don't want to practice with something I won't use in actual situations on the course.

You just reminded me to order a pair of WinterSof gloves!

• 3545 points

Like most everyone else...I'll use my old gloves at the range a couple times and then into the garbage.

•  

The most common is to throw them away.

•  

I usually collect them in my bag until I get sick of seeing them and then (finally) part ways with them.  I should do it more often, but I always find some dumb reason to keep them in the bag.  The reason has no valid basis, but at that moment, in my mind, it seemed like the right thing to do...Just like thinking that I could clear the water like I used to do 10 years ago...

•  

When I wore a glove, it was in trash as soon as it served its purpose!

•  

I generally rotate between 2 or 3 gloves during play. Once they are no longer suitable for play they become range gloves. I also use the range gloves if I playing in the rain, this was I am not trashing new gloves. At the end of life they end up in the trash. I would gues that I have about a 8 gloves in the bag. The 2 or 3 that are in rotation, 1 new glove, and a handful of range gloves.

•  

i toss mine away or i just put them someware and i cant find them like i have done with all of my other gloves.........

•  

Well tossing seems to be the consensus.....Have to admit have done it msyelf but  kept my very first glove as a memento to the start of my addiction to golf !

However, If I can I figure out a way to recycle all those worn out gloves I might be on to something !