Forums

Golf washing: a life extender

•  

Justinu3

Gotta love peer pressure huh FF?  Now go buy a few more gloves so you have back ups!

Better off, go buy an extra pair of shoes or two to put into the rotation!

•  

ToddL

Justinu3

Gotta love peer pressure huh FF?  Now go buy a few more gloves so you have back ups!

Better off, go buy an extra pair of shoes or two to put into the rotation!

That's so tempting Todd, but outfits are needed first to co-ordinate with the two pairs that have just arrived.

• 1192 points

pulplvr

If I decide to wash my gloves, I use a mild liquid detergent, like a dish detergent, then roll them in a towel to remove the excess water, and then lay out to dry naturally.  It is important to do something once they are dry to preserve them, like a good leather conditioner or mink oil.

Same here. A little dish detergent and then let dry naturally. Conditioner is a must, too.

•  

I can perspire like a champion and go through a lot of gloves in the summer. So, I started washing them last year in a sink of tap water (no soap),  wringing them out, smoothing them, letting them dry overnight and it has doubled the life of my gloves.

•  
    That is awesome I will try washing one of my old gloves and see how it works
  •  

Never dry it exposed to the sun.

•  

Will be sending my used golf gloves to the following Cleaners - eagle3, pulpvr & Lusogolf.....But always keep a new one on hand in order to dress the part !

• 1441 points

I agree every time I have washed a glove of mine the leather becomes extremely stiff.

•  

I'm a big fan of buying new gloves rather than cleaning the old ones. Nothing beats a brand new FJ glove.

• 3500 points

Justinu3

Lucky!

Just get yourself a new StaSof!  Nothing like that new glove smell baby!

2nd this, time for a new glove!

•  

Have never washed them, move to the next glove - play on!

-ICONs for ALL

•  

hey FF, I think you got lucky...I have washed gloves and they seem to get slimey and I end up tossing them...

•  

thomas alston iii

Have never washed them, move to the next glove - play on!

-ICONs for ALL

I've got to say, I'm with you on this one.  I've washed them and dried them before, but not in intentional.  I wasn't so lucky.

• 2671 points

Have never tried this but I might test the theory. Once there that bad I don't use them anyway so if it works it's like a new glove.

• 3627 points

How old were the gloves? You most likely got lucky, but I might throw a couple old gloves in the wash to see what happens to them.

Hot or cold water? :)