Forums

Playing in the rain..... Tour Championship

•  

Was anyone else a little suprised to see hardly any players wearing rain gloves yesterday?   I remember Goose especially on one swing looked at his glove like he was suprised the club almost slipped out of his hand.  I mean some didn't even have rainjackets on.   Rain coming off your hat or running down your back... I hate playing in the rain.   If its raining at all.. the gear comes out!!!

•  

It was indeed interesting to see how the pros played it yesterday.

Furyk was interesting in that he had no jacket on in the hard rain, and toughed it out. Fortuntaely it wasn't cold, because cold and wet is a big deal!

•  

And interesting to see both Furyk and Watney go to the "rally cap" --turning their hat backwards to keep raindrops falling from the bill disturbing theier concentration as well as possibly keeping the rain off their necks. EVen if they did look kinda silly. :-)

•  

I know for myself, I am not the most comfortable in rain gloves. I suppose the pro's feel the same.

hehe...i like the rally caps :)

•  

I'll bet Jesper Parnevik never had that problem!

•  

The Pros had a tough time of it both with and without rain gear. It was interesting to note that many, as TarHeelpointed out, didn't have rain gear or gloves. I don't like playing in the rain, but there are times when the rain comes calling without prior warning.

•  

When the cameras showed Phil playing with rain gloves, Johnny Miller sort of made fun about Phil using 2 gloves. 

•  

Johnny Miller just wanted to hear himself talk...as always.