Forums

Non-Golf wear of FootJoy gloves

• 515 points

(preface - I used to be a huge Dave Matthews Band fan, to the point where I wrote a PHP script that predicted what song would be played next based on the song played previously.  Fast-forward 15 years to a couple of days ago.)

I was watching a live DMB concert on Palladia, (a channel on Comcast that plays concert footage and recordings) and at some point the focus was on the drummer, Carter Beauford for a while.  Turns out, Beauford the drummer, wears FootJoy gloves. 

Anyone know of other non-golf uses for FootJoy gloves?

• 568 points

Apolo Ohno wears FootJoy gloves:

•  

I use the FJ WinterSof gloves to drive in when it gets cold....

•  

From Wikipedia

The first person to wear a batting glove in a game was Ken "Hawk" Harrelson. Some sources say Harrelson first wore golf gloves while playing for the Kansas City A's in 1964. Others cite a more lyrical and perhaps apocryphal tale, in which Harrelson was with the Red Sox in 1968 and, not expecting to play in a night game, spent the afternoon playing golf. Arriving at the ballpark with blistered hands after shooting 27 holes, he was surprised to find himself in the starting lineup and resorted to wearing golf gloves to protect his sore hands. Rusty Staub was the first to wear the golf gloves on a daily basis.

• 515 points

Put it on the board, YES!!

/white sox fan

Incidentally Hawk is a pretty good golfer.

•  

Tar Heel

I use the FJ WinterSof gloves to drive in when it gets cold....

I WOULD THINK STASOFS WOULD MAKE EXCELLENT DRIVING GLOVES IF YOU HAVE A LEATHER STEERING WHEEL.