Forums

The PTL

•  

Well, after 15 rounds on  this glove, I decided that it is the glove for me. It shows little wear and still has a great feel. And the final bit of info is that yesterday I washed it in a mild dish detergent and let it dry outside. Tried it on today, Tuesday the 26th, and it is almost as clean as it was when new and still has a nice feel to it and the stickiness of the feel on the clubs is really amazing. I was hesitant to wash it, but now know that this glove has some fantastic qualities that are unmatched by any other glove on the market.

Bring on the PTL.

•  

Eagle, I agree that this is a great glove. I have been procrastinating since last fall, but I have some data and photos of how this glove wears as compared to a Titleist Perma-Tech. I will try to get all of the info I have written up and posted here. I write so many papers that I have just not really had the ambition to write another one, but I will try to make the effort especially during the off-season when I don't really play that much.....

•  

I have found that the PTL wearsthe same if not betterthan the Titleist Players glove. That was my glove of choice, but now the PTL is. Well the PTL may cost a bit more up front, it is well worth the price as it seems to wear better than any other glove I have tried without feeling like you are wearing a thick work glove.

•  

19hole

Eagle, I agree that this is a great glove. I have been procrastinating since last fall, but I have some data and photos of how this glove wears as compared to a Titleist Perma-Tech. I will try to get all of the info I have written up and posted here. I write so many papers that I have just not really had the ambition to write another one, but I will try to make the effort especially during the off-season when I don't really play that much.....

Would definitely look forward to the paper. I believe that once you get the PTL and use for any length of time you'll be hooked. The glove is phenominal and so far it has shown little or no wear for me. I think that it may be due to the fact that I am no longer gripping the club as hard, thus resulting in less friction between the glove material and the grips of  the clubs. Can't think of another reason for the lack of wear.

•  

The real question is how does it wear when using it while fishing?!  Have you been out yet?!

•  

EMKelly0106

The real question is how does it wear when using it while fishing?!  Have you been out yet?!

Been out, but no luck on big ones yet. Too windy

•  

Chris & Mike,

With the PTL doing as well as it sounds like it is among the FJA world at least, any chance for a lefty version in the future?

•  

shaun13

Chris & Mike,

With the PTL doing as well as it sounds like it is among the FJA world at least, any chance for a lefty version in the future?

Never say never Shaun, but the PTL was created (and can really only exist due to materials) as a limited release glove.  Our product managers constantly monitor sell through at retail and demand additional products (through sales rep and trade account feedback).  At this time, adding the additional RH skus is not in the plan.  

Not sure if you have tried StaSof, but it is the #1 selling leather glove in the world.  There are still more players on the PGA Tour in StaSof than PTL.  Not the answer you wanted, I know, but if you haven't given it a shot, I would recommend you consider it.

Take care, 

ML

•  

Mike Lowe

shaun13

Chris & Mike,

Never say never Shaun, but the PTL was created (and can really only exist due to materials) as a limited release glove.  Our product managers constantly monitor sell through at retail and demand additional products (through sales rep and trade account feedback).  At this time, adding the additional RH skus is not in the plan.  

Not sure if you have tried StaSof, but it is the #1 selling leather glove in the world.  There are still more players on the PGA Tour in StaSof than PTL.  Not the answer you wanted, I know, but if you haven't given it a shot, I would recommend you consider it.

Take care, 

ML

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. Love the StaSof glove and it is the one I currently use. The feeling you get and feedback are amazing. iI is the best glove I have used. Always nice to have additional options, the grass is always greener as they say! : )

Thanks,

Shaun

•  

I have to admit...i do love my Sta-Sofs...and I am a left handed golfer

•  

Calling Mike Lowe... calling Dr. Lowe

Ok my friend, I see your reply to my buddy Shaun about the PTL only coming in LH models. This is the same as the SciFlex only having color options in LH.

I do use the StaSof glove, and just bought another 3 last night. Yes, they are great and I use them with some SciFlex. But I must ask, beg really, that you consider throwing some type of bone to us "lefties." One of the models; PTL or SciFlex in a color or two, really must be available to us. Look at how many lefties are FJA's now.

Throw us a bone brother! Please. 

•  

Tar Heel

Calling Mike Lowe... calling Dr. Lowe

Ok my friend, I see your reply to my buddy Shaun about the PTL only coming in LH models. This is the same as the SciFlex only having color options in LH.

I do use the StaSof glove, and just bought another 3 last night. Yes, they are great and I use them with some SciFlex. But I must ask, beg really, that you consider throwing some type of bone to us "lefties." One of the models; PTL or SciFlex in a color or two, really must be available to us. Look at how many lefties are FJA's now.

Throw us a bone brother! Please. 

Will add a big +1 to this request!

Would it help if I add a pretty please???

• 2989 points

I play alot of rounds.... were are talking 4-6 rounds a week,  my biggest investment during the summer is GLOVES,  im trying to find one that will hold up.   How many rounds have you guys got out of one glove.  Just curious, i am really thinking about getting one

•  

I have lost count on the number of rounds that I have on my PTL, but would guess that it is easily over 30. And the last round that I played, I noticed some wear in the fingers and a small wear spot on the palm. For the money, the PTL is my glove from now on.

• 2989 points

awsome,  now the more important this is were can i find one... the only one i can find is at tgw.com.