Forums

Does anyone clean their glove?

•  

Sometimes if my glove gets dirty, with mud or  black from the grips, I clean them with a damp cloth and a mild detergent. Does anyone else do this or have a different method?

•  

If you call spitting on it cleaning, yeah I do

•  

No, I just throw them away and open a new one.

•  

I don't clean them.  I do get some black rub from the grips but usually by the time that starts to appear, I switch out the glove anyways.  I don't think the black from the grips will hurt anything... the water used to clean them would probably do more damage!  I don't know though.

•  

I use leather conditioner /cleaner on mine if the glove is not showing significant wear. Still, I usually change out gloves evry 8 to 10 rounds as they do seem to lose their tackiness.

•  

Not on purpose!!!

There are times when I forget to clean out my back pocket, head home and throw my clothes into the washer and don't realize that my glove is still in my pants.

It usually has to get tossed out as it becomes quite slimey after it runs through the washer.

•  

bholley

If you call spitting on it cleaning, yeah I do

haha, that's great

•  

Cleanfan,

With your moniker I thought if anyone cleaned their glove it would be you, lol.

•  

have never tried it, usually just switch it out when it starts loosing the tack.

•  

Shaun, that's the perfect time to take bholleys advice and spit on your glove -- just kidding...I know what you are talking about and agree that's when its time to change gloves...

•  

Mondo

Not on purpose!!!

There are times when I forget to clean out my back pocket, head home and throw my clothes into the washer and don't realize that my glove is still in my pants.

It usually has to get tossed out as it becomes quite slimey after it runs through the washer.

Mondo, If perchance you do run  one thru the washer, place it on a dry towel, and cover the glove with the towel. The glove will take a couple of days to dry  down and then use leather conditioner/cleaner on it and it will be restored. I've done this myself and it seems to work well for me. The golve should be a little damp to the touch when you put the conditioner on it and then let it air dry for a day or two.

•  

i do not clean my glove i just wait till it tears to replace it

•  

eagle3

I use leather conditioner /cleaner on mine if the glove is not showing significant wear. Still, I usually change out gloves evry 8 to 10 rounds as they do seem to lose their tackiness.

I made a comment in the section under PTL. Changing out of gloves may be alittle longer now that I am using the PTL. The only thing this glove is showing is some soiling. No sign of wear yet and I am not easy on gloves. they fit beautifully (the PTL) and are so light that it is almost like not having a glove on at all.