Forums

how long before you replace your glove?

•  

And just yesterday bought another 3 pack of PTLs. What a great glove. Have 2 old ones left for strickly range work, but one is about ready for the retirement package.

•  

I usually buy 4 gloves at the beginning of the year so I figure I get about 3-4 months out of each glove. I don't play a lot of rounds throughout the year but I do go to the range A LOT so they do get a good workout.

•  

I toss mine when they get a hole. I don't like the abrasiveness that I get when there's a hole.

•  

I find the most I can get from a glove is about 5 rounds with range warmup before them. I usually get 3 dozen in the spring and I now find that I need to get an extra dozen in October.

Lots of glove!!!!

•  

I wait til I get a hole in the palm before I fetch a new one

•  

I tried cutting out a piece of the old glove palm and glued it over the palm of the new glove to re-enforce it beforehand.   Worked OK, but realized that grip or grip pressure was the cause.   Wear outs were gone with some finetuning.  Now the dirty gloves are saved for practice without the holes.   Problem solved.

•  

Week 3 with the SciFlex.  Just showing signs of wear at the base of the palm.  Having played more than 2 rounds weekly.  I'll keep this one another 2 weeks.  Great glove

Deno

•  

I'll toss one when it gets a hole or gets frayed.  I always rotate gloves and usually rotate between two or three.  If I'm playing in a tournament or a money game I'll use a new glove.  I use the frayed ones to practice with. 

• 723 points

I wait until it is about to tear. I don't switch gloves unless I really need to. Mine seem to last me a while before needing to switch.

• 368 points

Like most others here, I wear a glove until it starts to get a hole in it, usually either on the thumb or pad of my palm. Then I move the glove to my practice bag and wear it until the hole is all the way thru and then it gets tossed out. I tend to practice more than I play, so I usually have a new glove or almost new glove with my playing bag. At the first sign of wearing thru, I'll move the glove to my practice bag. As for hoe long I play a glove, that really depends on the quality of the glove and how well I'm playing. If my hands are slipping on the club due to a bag grip, the glove can wear faster that it should, and that's when I figure it's time to work on my grip and grip pressure. If you gloves wear out pretty fast, it's a good sign that your grip needs work.

•  

I replace my glove whenever I feel as thought it should be replaced, I don't really have a set date. I usually have to replace it at least every couple of months because they get a hole or get stretched because I forgot to trim my nails (they grow very fast...)

•  

I would say when the glove is close to get a hole, is when feel it more confortable. All my gloves get a hole.

•  

I sweat profusely and have to change every shot in summer, every hole in winter. Years ago, I made a velcro strip with a grommet and hook to clip several gloves to my bag to carry up to six (6) at a time. It allows the gloves to dry before the next time it's used. It has also served to extend the life of my gloves, along with washing them in sink periodically.

•  

fredcloss

I sweat profusely and have to change every shot in summer, every hole in winter. Years ago, I made a velcro strip with a grommet and hook to clip several gloves to my bag to carry up to six (6) at a time. It allows the gloves to dry before the next time it's used. It has also served to extend the life of my gloves, along with washing them in sink periodically.

Have you tried wearing a rain glove instead.  We recommend them for golfers with excessively sweaty hands. 

Let me know,

DG

•  

Devin, I'm ok with cabretta, just have to learn how to deal with the sweat. Many of the rain and synthetic gloves have a stretch factor that feels funny, to me. One thing I found is a product called Grrrip Plus - I think it is an alchohol based based gel with fine silica flour blended in. It makes my hand very white, but it works very well.