Forums

StaCool Gloves

•  

For me, the StaCool gloves grip as well as leather; however, that may be due to the GP Tour Wrap grips I use. One glove was used for several rounds and there was  some slipping on the last round. So it got washed and wore it yesterday. It was "as good as new". Still, it will be nice to see how the StaCool glove performs when my sweat glands, "go into full production". As an extra comment, most synthetic gloves seem to move, or stretch, during the swing. The StaCool does not seem to have this problem.

•  

We got hot last weekend and, a bit of rain, all during our two day MGA Two Man event. I wore the StaCool through the sweat and rain with no problem. Occasionally, I wash it in a sink or washing machine to remove the salt and dirt then, dry it out with a towel. The StaCool also works fine if it's slightly damp. So far, one glove has lasted 30+ rounds and is still going strong. I'm sold on the StaCool glove for summer use.

• 1750 points

I've only found it available online retailers as the big stores haven't had much of the new items released this year available yet.  

•  

I picked up three StaCool gloves from Budgetgolf.com.  Wore the first one today, a pretty typical hot and humid Texas morning here in the Houston area.  I took two out of their packages because I usually rotate two or three gloves during a round to keep them from becoming too damp/wet during play.  I ended up using only one for the entire round.  Grip was solid, and comfortable and there was no excessive wear on the index finger or the palm.  This glove was more difficult to put on than my other FJ gloves (StaSof, SciFlex, SofJoy, and even the PTL).  My little finger kept getting hung up when I was putting it on and I really had to work the fingers on in order to get the glove on my hand properly.  After the round, I saw that the used glove is significantly darker due to wear wear than the unused glove (see picture below).  I have grey Lamkin grips on my clubs, so the change in color is not from the grip alone.  Freddy notes that he has been rinsing his StaCool's between wearings to keep them looking sharp and to get the skin oils out of the glove.  I've not tried that, but may after I've worn the gloves more than once.  Excellent product, FJ!

•  

Update:  Wore the first glove for the second time today.  Still in excellent condition after 18 more holes.  No signs of wear on the index finger, lower palm, or thumb.  Today, the glove slid easily onto my hand, without catching on the little finger as it had the first time I wore each of the StaCool gloves I've put into play.  I'm liking this glove more and more.

•  

I too found my little finger "catches" when putting the glove on. As for the skin oils, dirt and sweat removal, I do rinse it out, but also throw it in the wash and it really comes out almost new. The first glove is still going strong with no noticeable wear. The StaCool truly is the best hot weather glove I've found. In addition, my hand stays cooler and the sweat doesn't seem to accumulate as much.

•  
    These are great reviews, guys! I like what I' ve read and I can't wait to pick one up to try.
    Thank you!
  •  

It has finally gotten really hot here and I've found I need to rotate 2 or 3 StaCool gloves in the 100 degree heat. They dry VERY quickly so after 2 holes, they are ready. Still, even the StaCool gets real wet in my paws in the summer..

•  

FYI, everyone.  I got an e-mail from BudgetGolf.com telling me these are now available on their site again.