Forums

StaCool Gloves

•  

Anyone have the scoop on these gloves?  Price points?  Availability?  What do they compare to?

•  

It's news to me Todd. It must be some new synthetic to deal with sweat. The SCiFlex is my hot weather glove of choice, but if FJ has something better, I will try it out. The StaCool sounds like iot made with me in mind. www.footjoy.com/.../64508

• 2023 points

Suggested retail 16.00 and it is a novel concept. I might try it but I am so traditional I still wear my  FJ Classics sometimes.

•  

The StaCool may be THE GLOVE I've searched for since the first day I picked up a club. If you live in a warm HOT, humid climate, the StaCool has got to be worth a try. As good as the SciFlex is, the StaCool may be better and I can't wait to test them out.

•  

Look forward to seeing how it works first hand.  The Texas summers are very hard on gloves so, for those of us in a hotter climate, these may be a good solution. We will have to give them a trial run once they are available and the temperatures start to rise.

•  

My thoughts exactly, Freddy and Mike.  Price point sounds reasonable, as well.  Geez, we might not even have to rotate through three of four (or more) gloves a round during the summer.

• 3506 points

Mike_C
    Look forward to seeing how it works first hand.  The Texas summers are very hard on gloves so, for those of us in a hotter climate, these may be a good solution. We will have to give them a trial run once they are available and the temperatures start to rise.

The ideal glove for play during the TX summers.

•  

Excellent!  Looking forward to trying one.  

• 2240 points

Titleist Players Flex is my glove of choice these days, but for the humid summer here in Atlanta, this sounds like a great solution to having to rotate gloves during a round.  

• 4586 points

I'm definitely going to give them a look this summer.  We don't get TX warm, but we see humid and 80s/90s pretty frequently.  I love my Sciflex, but something that helps even more will be nice!

• 1720 points

Will have to check this glove out and see if it will last in the fun Oklahoma humidity.  Might even cut down on glove expenditure costs for a year if it works like explained.  Will provide a full report when I get some and test them out.

•  

I found the StaCool on TGW.com a few days ago and ordered two of them to test out. Given the Texas heat, this should be a valid test.

•  

I've been looking around here and haven't found any so far.  I spoke to the local FJ rep the other day and he seemed to think ship date would be next month.  Yet, Devin had told me they should ship out beginning yesterday and be available this weekend or early next week.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.

•  

Mine arrived Saturday and I wore them Sunday. The StaCool fit fine and gripped well, but it wasn't hot enough to induce sweat. Also, the Golf Pride Tour Wrap grips I use are "sticky" Hopefully, it''ll get really hot so I can run teh StaCool "through the ringer".

•  

How's the feel compared to your SciFlex, Freddy?