Forums

Gloves for older golfers with Arthritus

•  

Doug, Just checked TGW.com(The Golf Warehouse) and they have the Shock Stopper on sale at a fantastic price. Just click on accessories, click on Footoy and the gloves are there. You won't fond them any more reasonable than this.

Eagle

•  

Just found some women's Shock Stoppers on eBay at First Rate Golf -- I'm going to try them. Might be worth searching again for those of you looking for them.

•  

golfchick, TGW had some also last time I looked. Also try budgetgolf.net and rockbottomgolf.com

• 58 points

I found two pairs of arthritic gloves on Ebay as you suggested.  Thanks! Shep

•  

What a dummy I am !

I have been fighting the big "A' for 10-12 years.

I've built up my grips but never had a glove that would help.

I'm going shopping.

I'm ready for the test- size-small

•  

Hey Eagle 3.........lighten up.  At our age we need to laugh.  Good idea though for the glove.  Footjoy catheters for enlarged prostate would be the cat's meow.  By the time I get to the 3rd hole I have gone 3 times!!!!

•  

I think I am no longer the funniest Bruce on this site.

Jeez if we get one more Bruce we will qualify for free health care from Australia

•  

Bruce, You evidently didn't read the whole reply. I have a very lighthearted approach until it appears that the message is out of kilter. And this is a subject, Arthritis, that I am passionate about. Too many of us at this stage in the game need all the help we can get. We are, after all, carriers of too many types of AIDS  andd gloves tailored to our needs is essential. I have enough aids as it is; rolaids, eye aids, foot aids, walking aids. etc.

•  

I was just thinking that I would probably try using two gloves if they help my arthtitis.

Sometimes I can't grip with either hand too well so,,,,why not.

If you need a testor Im available. Play 3-5 times a week(weather permitting).

SIZE MENS SMALL.

• 105 points

Mike,

I'm so glad to read Footjoy is coming out with a new Shock Stopper.  I have carpal tunnel, and I wear both right and left (selling these as a pair may make sense).  The gloves have taken 8-10 strokes off of my score because I feel free to take a full swing without pain.  I've tried Bionic and find they don't come close to working as well as Footjoys.  If you're looking for any additional people to test the new gloves, please contact me.

Thanks,

Vince

•  

Mike, I'd love to help in the research also as I am getting the Big A myself. Glove size  Right handed..Large. Mike, do you have any that I can wear on my feet at night? It's so hard to get out of bed in the morning my feet hurt so much. 11M for the feet!

•  

I might as well stock up on these. LOL.

•  

If you watched Arnold Palmer regipping his clubs on TGC, he put on a leather wrap grip instead of the slip on.  You can use a standard tennis wrap grip which is a tad thicker and has a foam backing for vibration.  I've done this on a friends driver, and it worked perfect.  Try it on an old club.

Deno

•  

Very classy that the Footjoy Staff will include the guys in a test panel for a new glove design.  It is a serious problem afflicting many golfers.  Way to go FJ.

Deno

•  

Just had a friend grip his clubs using the tennis wrap over his existing grip as he has the  BIG A in both hands and has had trouble gripping the club along with the discomfort of the associated pain involved with the impact. He loves the new feel of the clubs and says that he is able to grip the club more securely and does not experience as much discomfort during the hit. He currently is using the Bionic gloves and said that he is still trying to figure out how they have designed the glove to make his hands feel warmer than usual. I informed him that FJ ( I heard)  is working on a new glove for those with the BIG A problem and he is looking forward to their release as he always used FJ gloves before and regards them as the leader in the glove technology area.